Hopper Tuner 3 Failure

Frostylocks

Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
Houston
As of this weekend Tuner 3 is showing Lost Signal.

If gives error from both the Hopper and the one Joey that is attached to it.

Reboot (both power switch and pull the plug) have been ineffective in resolving this issue.

Any other suggestions other than calling Dish to address this issue?

Thanks

I had the same symptom. I was one of the barrel connectors on the duo-mode that was not crimped during install. The best way to diagnose is to swap cables on the duo-mode from 1,2,3 to 2,3,1 to 3,1,2 and see if the problem follows to another receiver... or if the connector come off in your hand while swapping.

Reactions: navychop
Turned out my old dishpro lnbs need to be replaced. Not sure if it was due to failure or if the newer software on the hopper was incompatible with them.

But I am a happy camper again!

So you had a tech out? Did he just swap for the same LNB's (and external switch) or did he replace with a new integrated LNB?

And.... ERSanders, what are you talking about? Duo node, the side with 3 cables is sat inputs. Wouldn't it be quicker to swap 1 and 4 on the other side (host lines)?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I just did a tc for the same issue today. Customers dish was on the back side of a barn about 100' away from the house, with 3 cables buried to the house. Two of the 3 cables wouldn't carry signal, so I moved the node to the barn and put a tap in place of the node at the house. All good. Take note all you other installers on here: run that third cable for situations like this! Especially when you'd have to bury so much cable just for a tc..

I always tell people to run 3-4 cables. I prefer 4 cables, 3 for possible receivers and 1 for possible antenna.

Right, but being contractors, its hard to get all our guys to do that. We have a few that just flat out don't care about the next guy. They're more concerned about saving a buck or two now, and worry about digging another 150' trench later.

I just did a tc for the same issue today. Customers dish was on the back side of a barn about 100' away from the house, with 3 cables buried to the house. Two of the 3 cables wouldn't carry signal, so I moved the node to the barn and put a tap in place of the node at the house. All good. Take note all you other installers on here: run that third cable for situations like this! Especially when you'd have to bury so much cable just for a tc..
If 2 out of 3 buried lines failed how long will it be before the third fails. The assumption is all three were buried at the same time and came off the same spool of cable, by how much have you delayed the inevitable rebury.

No. The dual was installed before the single. I know this because when I got there there was only one side of the dual and then the single cable connected to the node. I'm guessing that dual was nicked at some point in time, and slowly started deteriorating that dual cable. Hence the single. Dunno why whoever put in the single didn't just run dual, but whatever. It's working.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)