Hopper unable to handle 2 dish remotes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

oldanbo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
Sequim, WA.
I've been lovin my dish w/hopper. However, I am unhappy with it's inability to handle more than 1 remote. All of my previous dish receivers had the ability. At least that's my recollection. I called Dish and they said "that's the way it is".
I think it's do-able, it may require a software upgrade, but hey it has bluetooth and I don't know what else.

Anyone able to help me understand this.

Thanks

Have the second remote in hand and on the first remote hit MENU two times. On the second remote hit he SAT button to pair it. Done.

The second remote must be a 40.0 UHF 2G

Reactions: oldanbo
I have had 3 remotes paired to both my hoppers and both my joeys at one point in time. You cannot have a remote linked to a hopper, and a Joey, atleast I haven't found that way yet. And I tryed back last year.

What remotes will not work with the Hopper? Will other types of UHF remotes work with the Hopper such as those that worked with the 722?

Have the second remote in hand and on the first remote hit MENU two times. On the second remote hit he SAT button to pair it. Done.

The second remote must be a 40.0 UHF 2G
that worked! I thank you and the Mrs. thanks you! Thanks to all the other suggesters too.
Thanks again,
Dan

It doesn't. The basic remote doesn't use normal ir codes. The receiver would have needed to have support built in the software for it to work, which it doesn't. I promise I'm 100% accurate on this one and I've also tested it multiple times to confirm.

How do you figure out what the remote code is for the Hopper so that you can program an older UHF remote such as the ones used for the 722, 811, etc.

How do you figure out what the remote code is for the Hopper so that you can program an older UHF remote such as the ones used for the 722, 811, etc.

They'll work in IR mode set to code 1 but won't do the Hopper special features.

The older remotes are UHF and the Hopper remotes are 2G.

It doesn't. The basic remote doesn't use normal ir codes. The receiver would have needed to have support built in the software for it to work, which it doesn't. I promise I'm 100% accurate on this one and I've also tested it multiple times to confirm.
I can verify this won't work with the hopper also. Bought one for my parents and it was a no go. Works just fine for my aunt on her 722.

I believe you. I just don't understand why, since the Hopper uses the same IR codes as the 722. Maybe it's an address other than 1?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts