HOPPER UPGRADE and 61.5 w/wing Dish Setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm already receiving them (NYC) locals because of my RV is New York and when they changed my networks it also changed my receivers at home WCBS WNBC WABC AND WNYW fox I have an RV waiver

Its not that you can't have them on your account, but you have to physically be within the area that the particular spotbeam on 61.5 covers in order to actually receive them. :)

Here is the area that the spotbeam covers:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/index.php?search=dn61&sub=true&sort=&order=&beamMap=E16_SB02.jpg

I'm already receiving them (NYC) locals because of my RV is New York and when they changed my networks it also changed my receivers at home WCBS WNBC WABC AND WNYW fox I have an RV waiver

There is no way I know of to get the NY locals in HD when you are in Nevada. There is only one satellite that has them in HD, they are on spotbeams and come nowhere near reaching that part of the country. For SD you can get them on 119 they are not spotbeamed there.

Do you have the same info for 72.5. I think that's very helpful info your giving me and really do appreciate it. Thanks Jeff BTW I lived in Stanta Rosa for 25 years.

No prob...here is the link to the Conus coverage for 72:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist...2&sub=true&sort=&order=&beamMap=NIMIQ5_72.jpg

At the top of that page, you can click the "Subscription List" to see the other Dish Satellites, then click the links in the "Beam" column to see any of the other footprints

I don't think the system will allow competing signals. If anything, I would assume it to cause more signal loss.

Its not that you can't have them on your account, but you have to physically be within the area that the particular spotbeam on 61.5 covers in order to actually receive them. :)

thank you for your help. You seem to have a lot of knowledge. I was able to point a dish 500 with a DPP twin to 61.5. With a 55-60 signal strength. I ran a check switch my on my 922 and it show good on 110/119/129 and on the input port 4 showed 61.5. The guide down loaded with network locals from NY in HD.I tried to view these channels and when i did I receive a complete loss of signal message. I think because of the wrong type of switch setup it didn't work. I went back to point dish screen and did not get a signal on 61.5 if I ran a check switch the signal would return. On my 722K the HD WCBS / WNBC would automatically switch to SD on 110 or 119. So would I be correct to use a "DISH SINGLE PRO LNB" or a switch to make it work. Again I clearly can get 61.5 at my location. I'm about 5200 foot elevation and have clear line of sight to 105. Thank you in advance. Can you point me in the right direction. Jeff

One more time, Jeff, you are not going to get the NYC HD locals in Reno. You have to be within the spotbeam for those locals on 61.5 and you are about 15 states too far west. Just because you see guide data doesn't mean that you can receive the channels. The guide data is not on a spotbeam but the channels are.

Reactions: pattykay
One more time, Jeff, you are not going to get the NYC HD locals in Reno. You have to be within the spotbeam for those locals on 61.5 and you are about 15 states too far west. Just because you see guide data doesn't mean that you can receive the channels. The guide data is not on a spotbeam but the channels are.

Thanks again. I guess I'm going give up. Take care.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)