Hopper Upgrade

I thought the first Hopper was free for Plan A customers?

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

That was posted on here for a little bit but it was incorrect. Sometimes the info gets mixed up a little bit. All of this exciting new information gets us all goofy.:D

Scherrman said:
That was posted on here for a little bit but it was incorrect. Sometimes the info gets mixed up a little bit. All of this exciting new information gets us all goofy.:D

I am going to get a second Hopper so the cost wouldn't be any different anyway (since the cost for the second was said to be $199).

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Luckily for me I can get two Hoppers and bypass the upgrade fees since those fees get paid to the retailer and not Dish. Since I'm the one who is going to install it I don't plan on paying my business the money. About the only perk to being a Dish retailer.

I doubt self-install will be an option for regular customers.

It won't unless you were to find some retailer that would let you do it. If he's smart he wouldn't, but you never know. Being a retailer I can install and service my own equipment or just have one of my installers do it. I prefer to do it myself just so I understand the system better though.

It will not be available to any customers until March 15th.
So, speaking as a dealer, are you able to offer pre-orders or anything? Or will I just have to call "my guy" on the morning of the 15th and get the soonest appointment I can?

Im not sure how it's going to work yet. I'm assuming we would be able to get the customers info early and schedule the install for that day but we wouldn't be able to run the paperwork until the 15th.

I asked Dish via Twitter if Google TV worked on Hopper and was told they didn't have all the final details at this time.

I, too, had read that the second Hopper is $199. Can it be confirmed that the info in this thread about the second Hopper being $100 is correct?

From the retailer chat, second Hopper is $199.00. I suspect the pricing posted a couple of pages back is incorrect. There is a lot of misinterpreting, misunderstanding and misreading going on. So until Scott or Dish provides info to the contrary, I am holding the originally announced prices as gospel.

Coach Knight said:
I, too, had read that the second Hopper is $199. Can it be confirmed that the info in this thread about the second Hopper being $100 is correct?

These are the facts about the pricing.

New customers pay a $99 fee to get the Hopper and up to three Joeys.
If the new customer subscribes to the AT200 or higher, that fee is credited back.
If the new customer would like a second Hopper, they would have to pay a $199 upgrade fee.

Existing customers will Have to pay $100 for the fist Hopper and $100 for the second Hopper.
Customers that are not in good standing or have recently signed up will have to pay $200 for the first Hopper and $200 for the second Hopper.
Existing customers will be able to get up to three Joeys for $0.
Existing customers that are not in good standing with Dish will have to pay $100 for each Joey they want.

I hope this clears things up for everyone. Let me know if I have any known mistakes.

These are the facts about the pricing.

New customers pay a $99 fee to get the Hopper and up to three Joeys.
If the new customer subscribes to the AT200 or higher, that fee is credited back.
If the new customer would like a second Hopper, they would have to pay a $199 upgrade fee.

Existing customers will Have to pay $100 for the fist Hopper and $100 for the second Hopper.
Customers that are not in good standing or have recently signed up will have to pay $200 for the first Hopper and $200 for the second Hopper.
Existing customers will be able to get up to three Joeys for $0.
Existing customers that are not in good standing with Dish will have to pay $100 for each Joey they want.

I hope this clears things up for everyone. Let me know if I have any known mistakes.

Thanks.
How many more times do you think this question will be ask.:eek::rolleyes:

Maybe Sherrman's summary should be made into a sticky titled "Tentative Hopper Pricing". It can also include the monthly fee structure as we currently know it.

NotMe546 said:
Thanks.
How many more times do you think this question will be ask.:eek::rolleyes:

I was thinking of copying it and pasting whenever someone asked again. I can understand the confusion though.

The information I posted is from the documents I have received and seen on the retailer chat. I basically posted the info I have received and it looks to be on par with the way dish has done things in the past. Unless Dish decides to change something without notice, these will be the fees for new and existing customers starting March 15th. The fees seem to be reasonable to me and similar to how they handle all new equipment when released. I'm actually very surprised with the deal for new customers, free Hopper and three Joeys if you take the top 200. Pretty sweet deal.