Hopper & VIP Receiver Networking

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
That will work, however with 1 hopper there is still an open port on the lnb that would work also.

Ditch the 44 switch & save some $$.

Yes, I have done that several times for troubleshooting purposes, however my 722k is on a separate account as Dish doesn't allow Hopper/ViP mix on the same account. The only exception is that a single, owned 211 is allowed on the same account.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

That will work, however with 1 hopper there is still an open port on the lnb that would work also.
Ditch the 44 switch & save some $$.

So from the DISH . . . 2 lines to the Solo node and one line directly to a VIP receiver?

That will work, however with 1 hopper there is still an open port on the lnb that would work also. Ditch the 44 switch & save some $$.
No, no, keep the DPP44 switch. With it you can easily add a second hopper and keep the VIP211(K) running with the addition of a duo node. This is exactly what I did. (I'm assuming you already have the switch)

Posted from my trusty IBM keyboard in real time.

I would also recommend that you keep the 211 connected to your home system so that you can easily verify to the people at Dish that you aren't account stacking. Also any upgrade to the software/firmware will be downloaded and you can easily verify that the receiver is working prior to taking it out on a camping/tailgating trip.

Posted from my trusty IBM keyboard, not an iPhone.

I would also recommend that you keep the 211 connected to your home system so that you can easily verify to the people at Dish that you aren't account stacking. Also any upgrade to the software/firmware will be downloaded and you can easily verify that the receiver is working prior to taking it out on a camping/tailgating trip.
Mmmm . . . that's a bit tough when you don't own a sticks & bricks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts