Hopper vs the competition.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dishfan82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 18, 2012
clinton Township
When I look at the competition put there I am pretty happy on what dish will be coming out with. I know people who have direct and yeah they can record 5 shows, however their guide ui remains the same with no channel logos. Then I looked at my buddy's Comcast DVr who claimed that Comcast has a great DVr? They do? Their guide software is so outdated that it makes them look terrible.

I then stacked hopper in comparison against my other local cable company besides Comcast and they just released a tuner that can do 6 shows at a time all In hd. However, there are some major negatives like no P&P. The box always must stay on as well because the modem and router and telephone are all built into the box so if you do unplug it then it turns off your phone and Internet. It does have a channel list grid or guide grid option. Even though it has a guide grid option with channel logos, the guide colors are a lighter grey color making it hard to read. Overall I think hopper is a step above the competition. What's everyone's thoughts on the competition out there?

Overall I think hopper is a step above the competition. What's everyone's thoughts on the competition out there?
I'm sure we'll find out a lot more annoyances and problems with the hopper once it's actually in use by a few customers. It's easy to make things sound good on paper.

We'll see if it's better or not....

I think the real comparison will be between the Hopper and HR34. In my observation the cable companies' boxes have always lagged behind the satellite companies' boxes. The telco TV boxes (Fios and U-Verse) might be able stack up though.

For a good debate I think 2 things need to happen:
1. Dish needs to get the Hopper software updated to allow 2 Hoppers to be combined into 1 logical unit
2. DirecTV needs to get the RVU units out to customers

Once those happen I think that will be as close to an apples-to-apples comparison as you'll get with the 2 systems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)