Hopper vs ViP211z no antenna authorization period

jpmarto

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 26, 2007
E. of Seattle
I have a Hopper3, a Joey, a Firestick, and a ViP211z (with Playmaker antenna) that I keep in my RV.

Planning ahead for trip to Alaska next year, I'm seeking advice for taking some of the equipment with us. My notebook hard disk has ample mp4's and mkv's of just about anything I'd want to watch. For my wife, our Hopper3 has 3 EHDs full of content, the Vip211z EHD not so much.

Using strictly as a DVR, between the Hopper and ViP211z, which one would stay authorized longer, and how long could I safely expect to use the receiver for playback before it would de-authorize? (Would it even work that far north and should I bring along the Playmaker?)

Thanks!

I have a Hopper3, a Joey, a Firestick, and a ViP211z (with Playmaker antenna) that I keep in my RV.

Planning ahead for trip to Alaska next year, I'm seeking advice for taking some of the equipment with us. My notebook hard disk has ample mp4's and mkv's of just about anything I'd want to watch. For my wife, our Hopper3 has 3 EHDs full of content, the Vip211z EHD not so much.

Using strictly as a DVR, between the Hopper and ViP211z, which one would stay authorized longer, and how long could I safely expect to use the receiver for playback before it would de-authorize? (Would it even work that far north and should I bring along the Playmaker?)

Thanks!
DISH service is available in Alaska so with the right equipment you can receive signals. Over the air reception is going to depend on your location. There is no set time anyone can give you when your smart card will deactivate.
Isn't Alaska big enough and scenic enough for you to find something to do?

Reactions: HipKat
Scenery in Alaska? My wife if pretty addicted to TV, so I thought I'd prepare for the times we'd be in campgrounds caught in rain. I'm guessing the Playmaker would only work with the ViP211z, and it stores well, so maybe that's the receiver I should take.

Will a standard sized Dish dish work in AK? I see DirecTV pushes a 1.2 meter dish up there.

Get a HopperGO and pack it full and take it. Smaller than a pack of cigarettes.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Will a standard sized Dish dish work in AK? I see DirecTV pushes a 1.2 meter dish up there.

Get a HopperGO and pack it full and take it. Smaller than a pack of cigarettes.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
I think it's a different one they use up there. The portal shows Dish 500(AK) hitting 119 and 129

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts