Hopper Wiring Question

uptownvideo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
I currently have the 722k and can send the receiver 2 tuners to my home distribution splitter to the older tvs in the home. How does the Hopper get wired up? I currently have 1 coax cable that comes from my family room receiver and goes to the basement and feeds rest of the house. Will it be easy to hook up Hopper and Joey? Do you actually need a Joey on each tv to receive a signal? Does the Joey get hard wired to the Hopper with coax cable? There are 2 cables that come from the rooftop dish that feed receiver and an ota antenna.

Thanks for any help,
Scott

You can add a good quality RF modulator to a Hopper or Joey to feed your older TVs in the House like the 722 does.

I currently have the 722k and can send the receiver 2 tuners to my home distribution splitter to the older tvs in the home. How does the Hopper get wired up? I currently have 1 coax cable that comes from my family room receiver and goes to the basement and feeds rest of the house. Will it be easy to hook up Hopper and Joey? Do you actually need a Joey on each tv to receive a signal? Does the Joey get hard wired to the Hopper with coax cable? There are 2 cables that come from the rooftop dish that feed receiver and an ota antenna.

Thanks for any help,
Scott

Standard hookup requires two coax RG6 to node or three coax to duo node, than one coax RG6 to each Hopper and Joey from the node.
If you want HD at each set, you need a Hopper or a Joey at each set. If you need more then three tuners you will need two Hoppers.
For standard def distribution use an RF modulator.

Standard hookup requires two coax RG6 to node or three coax to duo node, than one coax RG6 to each Hopper and Joey from the node.
If you want HD at each set, you need a Hopper or a Joey at each set. If you need more then three tuners you will need two Hoppers.

Only the Hopper requires the 3Ghz RG6 line, Joeys can run almost any kind of cable. I've use 2150Mhz RG59 for joey installs

Sent From My Samsung Hercules

Why is it, or what is the function of each, that ONE Hopper requires TWO cables to the Solo Node, but a TWO Hopper install requires THREE cables? What is the function of each cable to the Solo Node and the 3 to the Duo Node? Thanks.

Why is it, or what is the function of each, that ONE Hopper requires TWO cables to the Solo Node, but a TWO Hopper install requires THREE cables? What is the function of each cable to the Solo Node and the 3 to the Duo Node? Thanks.

It's rather simple really. Hopper is only compatible with DPP switches and LNBs (not DP.) Each DPP feed is capable of feeding two tuners (just like with the dual-tuner DVRs.) So, for three tuners, you need two feeds to the node (the two feeds are capable of four tuners, however the fourth is unused.) For two Hoppers (six tuners) you need three feeds from the DPP switch (two tuners per feed, two times three equals six tuners.) The node simply takes the two feeds (per Hopper) and band-stacks the third tuner on top of the DPP feed (called DPX.)

It's rather simple really. Hopper is only compatible with DPP switches and LNBs (not DP.) Each DPP feed is capable of feeding two tuners (just like with the dual-tuner DVRs.) So, for three tuners, you need two feeds to the node (the two feeds are capable of four tuners, however the fourth is unused.) For two Hoppers (six tuners) you need three feeds from the DPP switch (two tuners per feed, two times three equals six tuners.) The node simply takes the two feeds (per Hopper) and band-stacks the third tuner on top of the DPP feed (called DPX.)

Thank you. :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts