Hopper with Sling sloooowww

I think he makes a fair point. What if, a free swap to unsatisfied customers to a 722, and the H3, just like all receivers, upgrade fee. Then it is 3 choices. And everyone can be happy.

Reactions: pattykay and HipKat
Lack of reading comprehension, no wonder you work for Dish.

My equipment and setup will put most to shame. I have no problem paying for anything when it’s warranted, but not when a company intentionally ruins the usability of their customers equipment and then expects the customer to pay to fix the company error. I’d have no customers left if I treated mine like that.

I paid a hell of a lot more than $150 for Dish equipment over the years, so go troll someone that cares. Thought you might contribute something worth reading but I see now you’re just another idiot for the ignore list.
Using Windows again as an example, a lot of people still (for some reason) think Win XP is the best OS, but, since it's no longer supported and MS has moved on with new OS's, those people had a choice; be stuck with an outdated OS or pay to upgrade those computers and systems that those people owned. Also, it's been posted in here many times that people got Dish to upgrade them to the H3 for free, for $50, in my case for $100, some without new contracts, so your lack of reading comprehension should apply to the guy you see in the mirror.

You'd have no business left if you gave everything away for free...

Comcast and Verizon Fios both gave me there latest receivers for Free. And I would believe both of those companies are still in business and doing quite well. You are a dish tech so wouldn’t you want to give free upgrades to a deserving customer. You get paid to install and they are happy with the new equipment and Dish keeps a loyal customer.Sounds like a win for all parties.

Reactions: pattykay
When I had Comcast, in less than 2 years my bill went from $112 a month to over $200 a month, a common complaint of most Comcast users. I think I know where they make up for free upgrades.

When I had Comcast, in less than 2 years my bill went from $112 a month to over $200 a month, a common complaint of most Comcast users. I think I know where they make up for free upgrades.

Using Windows again as an example, a lot of people still (for some reason) think Win XP is the best OS, but, since it's no longer supported and MS has moved on with new OS's, those people had a choice; be stuck with an outdated OS or pay to upgrade those computers and systems that those people owned. Also, it's been posted in here many times that people got Dish to upgrade them to the H3 for free, for $50, in my case for $100, some without new contracts, so your lack of reading comprehension should apply to the guy you see in the mirror.

You'd have no business left if you gave everything away for free...

Giving you a break, as I wasn't in a good mood after 2 funerals yesterday.

I already give it away free and have been for 11years. My contracts with all my clients are contingency fee based. I get nothing and they get everything free if I don't perform as promised, kind of like the piece of crap CUI on the H1 and HWS.

I guess the almighty Dish never raises their intro prices either :coco .

As for your continued lack of reading comprehension, why don't you get off your high horse and go back and actually READ as suggested. You quoted me as I should be happy to get an H3 and the miraculous 54 remotes. If you had actually read the posts, you would see that it was gitpicker getting the H3 upgrade.

I think he makes a fair point. What if, a free swap to unsatisfied customers to a 722, and the H3, just like all receivers, upgrade fee. Then it is 3 choices. And everyone can be happy.

Sure lets add insult to injury. Lets cripple the 3 tuner whole home dvr with software it can't efficiently run and then tell our customers we will fix it by giving them a downgrade to a 2 tuner dvr and as part of that process, we will also take away their whole home access. Makes perfect sense. :wtf

Dish needs to be consistent on its upgrade offers. Longtime customers should be getting the BEST offers period!

Reactions: Jim S.
It is possible to upgrade to an H3 without signing a new contract. I have been out of contract for over 5 years and was not really wanting to sign a new one for various personal reason. My ViP722 was causing reboot issues with my new TV, the CSR offered an H3 for no charge but required a new contract. I told the CSR no contract or I would drop Dish, put me on hold and 5 minutes later the CSR comes back and agrees to a new H3 without a new contract.

It is possible but you have to really be willing to cancel.

Reactions: HipKat
It is possible to upgrade to an H3 without signing a new contract. I have been out of contract for over 5 years and was not really wanting to sign a new one for various personal reason. My ViP722 was causing reboot issues with my new TV, the CSR offered an H3 for no charge but required a new contract. I told the CSR no contract or I would drop Dish, put me on hold and 5 minutes later the CSR comes back and agrees to a new H3 without a new contract.

It is possible but you have to really be willing to cancel.
By purchasing it. Any leased upgrades come with a new commitment.

I guess the almighty Dish never raises their intro prices either :coco .

Of course. However, Dish still publishes their non-promo rates, unlike many cable companies, so at least you know about what you'll be paying when your promo expires.

Reactions: MSEman
Sure lets add insult to injury. Lets cripple the 3 tuner whole home dvr with software it can't efficiently run and then tell our customers we will fix it by giving them a downgrade to a 2 tuner dvr and as part of that process, we will also take away their whole home access. Makes perfect sense. :wtf

Dish needs to be consistent on its upgrade offers. Longtime customers should be getting the BEST offers period!
No, they have 3 choices. Downgrade to the 722, stay with the current system, or upgrade to the h3. You can select your choice, based on which is most feesible to you.

Reactions: pattykay
Still would have had a commitment under th DIU, they just waived the term commitment after putting it in. You got lucky.

Not always. I have had several customers with equipment problems that upgraded for free and no new contract
Refer to my last message. The only exception is something like a 722k for a 722 or HWS for H2K when the warehouse doesn’t have any in stock.

Still would have had a commitment under th DIU, they just waived the term commitment after putting it in. You got lucky.
Possibly, just want to relate that it is possible. It also may have had to do with the fact that the 722 was rebooting every time I turned my TV on, so equipment failure. Some weird issue with Sony 4K TV, HDMI and the 722. A few people were reporting the same kind of issue on AVS forums.

Just like that old computer that ran Windows 95 just fine with it's 2.6 GB hard drive and 8 megs of Ram couldn't keep up with the newer OS's coming out.
My old computer still runs just fine, and still has Windows 95. :p

As someone with only two TV's, one of them being analog standard-def, a ViP722k works just fine for me as a whole-home DVR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts