Hopper won't accept Dish Fiber password

Fred Derf

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 11, 2009
Northeastern Iowa
I recently switched to Dish Fiber internet services. I was supplied a password, and used that password to connect my laptop, tablet, phones, Echo dots, etc. with no problem, but the Hopper 3 tells me "The password you entered in incorrect." I've tried it five times and I know it's the correct password. I've made four calls to Dish tech support, and they're stumped. Has anyone else had this experience?

I recently switched to Dish Fiber internet services. I was supplied a password, and used that password to connect my laptop, tablet, phones, Echo dots, etc. with no problem, but the Hopper 3 tells me "The password you entered in incorrect." I've tried it five times and I know it's the correct password. I've made four calls to Dish tech support, and they're stumped. Has anyone else had this experience?

When you type in the password on the Hopper 3, can you SEE it in plain text? If so, and it's correct, I got nothing. However, if it blanks out with X's and you can't see it as you type it, perhaps it's a uppercase/lowercase, extra space, or a character not typing right issue?

Have you tried rebooting the Hopper 3, and after it comes back up, try again?

When you type in the password on the Hopper 3, can you SEE it in plain text? If so, and it's correct, I got nothing. However, if it blanks out with X's and you can't see it as you type it, perhaps it's a uppercase/lowercase, extra space, or a character not typing right issue?

Have you tried rebooting the Hopper 3, and after it comes back up, try again?
Yeah, I can see it and it's correct, including case. I've rebooted it numerous times. Thanks anyway.

Why do you need a password?? The Hopper should connect to the Fiber Access Point via Ethernet connection to the Bottom Ethernet port.
The Hopper is about 15 feet away from the fiber router and it's in another room. I don't want to run an ethernet cable from the bedroom to the living room.

Did you get Dish Fiber having Dish TV beforehand? And get your TV over a satellite dish that's exclusive to you? What I think HipKat is referring to is the people that get service for both internet and TV over fiber, as he has mentioned working on systems that serve TV over ethernet in the past, and that's a different system altogether. Also, when contacting Dish, was it Dish TV or Fiber you were talking to? Pretty sure the Dish TV agents have no idea how to do anything beyond basic troubleshooting since Dish Fiber is only in limited areas. If that's the case, I think contacting Dish Fiber is your best bet, since barely anyone here has experience with the service (I'm guessing?)

Reactions: charlesrshell
Did you get Dish Fiber having Dish TV beforehand? And get your TV over a satellite dish that's exclusive to you? What I think HipKat is referring to is the people that get service for both internet and TV over fiber, as he has mentioned working on systems that serve TV over ethernet in the past, and that's a different system altogether. Also, when contacting Dish, was it Dish TV or Fiber you were talking to? Pretty sure the Dish TV agents have no idea how to do anything beyond basic troubleshooting since Dish Fiber is only in limited areas. If that's the case, I think contacting Dish Fiber is your best bet, since barely anyone here has experience with the service (I'm guessing?)
We've had Dish TV for 1.5 years, and just switched from Centurylink to Dish Fiber.
I talked to Dish TV tech support first, then they transferred me to Dish Fiber. They talked me through going into the Diagnostics screen and sending them a report. Then they basically gave up.

The Hopper is about 15 feet away from the fiber router and it's in another room. I don't want to run an ethernet cable from the bedroom to the living room.
According to this..dish fiber is a bulk wifi solution..maybe you need to connect to the dish wifi router..not your personal router

Reactions: TheKrell
Dish Fiber (internet and TV) is for MDU's exclusively, only streaming channels, but with the option of upgrading to Dish Sat services, right? Please do correct me if wrong.

According to this..dish fiber is a bulk wifi solution..maybe you need to connect to the dish wifi router..not your personal router
I live in a mobile home park and was supplied with a Hitron 32x8 modem and a separate generic, unmarked white box that is connected to the modem via a short Ethernet cable (I'm assuming that's the wireless router). But I would think that the password that works on all my devices would work on the Hopper.

I live in a mobile home park and was supplied with a Hitron 32x8 modem and a separate generic, unmarked white box that is connected to the modem via a short Ethernet cable (I'm assuming that's the wireless router). But I would think that the password that works on all my devices would work on the Hopper.
Did you have another internet provider for your other devices?

Is it managed WIFI? (The type were you have to first connect, then provide a username and password on a webpage)

Is it managed WIFI? (The type were you have to first connect, then provide a username and password on a webpage)
No, I just connect devices to it the same way I connected them to the Centurylink router. There is a website, mydishfiber.com, where I put in a username & password to see info, like connected devices, cumulative bandwidth, etc. or change the wi-fi password.

Reactions: HipKat
Good question. I don't know. I've got two phones, two laptops, a tablet, a desktop PC and two Echo Dots. Maybe 8 is the limit.
Have you tried clearing out your wireless settings on your Hopper? Go to settings-click internet press Info then recall on the remote watch the tv screen then try connecting again.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)