Hopper won't accept Dish Fiber password

Did you get Dish Fiber having Dish TV beforehand? And get your TV over a satellite dish that's exclusive to you? What I think HipKat is referring to is the people that get service for both internet and TV over fiber, as he has mentioned working on systems that serve TV over ethernet in the past, and that's a different system altogether. Also, when contacting Dish, was it Dish TV or Fiber you were talking to? Pretty sure the Dish TV agents have no idea how to do anything beyond basic troubleshooting since Dish Fiber is only in limited areas. If that's the case, I think contacting Dish Fiber is your best bet, since barely anyone here has experience with the service (I'm guessing?)
You are correct about both, the system and Dish CSR's not being familiar with Fiber, which is a commercial product.

To the OP, your setup is obviously different than what I work with. You must be using a Dish for your video and Fiber for your internet. What I install is Fiber for both in lieu of a Dish on your home which includes a cable modem, an Access Point with 4 ethernet connections and a WiFi signal - which the Hopper connects to via Ethernet, not coax. Am I correct?

I live in a mobile home park and was supplied with a Hitron 32x8 modem and a separate generic, unmarked white box that is connected to the modem via a short Ethernet cable (I'm assuming that's the wireless router). But I would think that the password that works on all my devices would work on the Hopper.
Ahh, I am correct. It's in Mobile Home parks that I nstall here in Pontiac and Germantown Hills, IL.

The white box is the Ruckus Wireless Access Point. Your Hopper is supposed to connect to that. If you are still using Satellite for your video, you are using a Hybrid System that I've never seen installed. Just curious, is there a large Dish installed anywhere on or outside the park? If so, that's bringing in Satellite signals and from there dispersed via the Fiber system to each unit.

If you connect an ethernet cable from the Access Point to the bottom Ethernet input on the Hopper 3 or the only port on the Hopper Duo (Hooper 1 and 2 are not setup for Fiber), then do a hard reset (unplugging the receiver), you'll pick up your signal and Internet connection via the Fiber System

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)