Hopper3

That is the main reason, other than all the complaints, that I am waiting. We're a two box household.
I tried to order one yesterday. I currently have an H1 and H2. I wanted to replace my H1 with an H3 and they said that you couldn't have an H2 and an H3 in the same house. Then I asked if I could replace the H2 with the H3 and keep the H1 and they said no, you can't have a second Hopper if you have the H3. Is that true? When the H1 came out, I was initially told I couldn't have two of those, but they made it work.

I just saw someone's signature in a different thread and he says he has an H3, H2, 5 Joeys & two 211's.

I'm pretty sure that the only way to have 2 H3s would be with 2 dishes. That is from a technical perspective, I would say. As for the logistics I would think whilst possible the Dish folks would see the idea as ripe for stacking. 16 tuners is a lot. I would think H3 can feed 3 or 4 Joeys. That covers most everybody. Not everybody but most.

I'm pretty sure that the only way to have 2 H3s would be with 2 dishes. That is from a technical perspective, I would say. As for the logistics I would think whilst possible the Dish folks would see the idea as ripe for stacking. 16 tuners is a lot. I would think H3 can feed 3 or 4 Joeys. That covers most everybody. Not everybody but most.
Later this year Dish is coming out with a switch that will allow 2 H3s on one dish...

Reactions: charlesrshell
I, too have a household with a Hopper and HWS and i refuse to upgrade to a H3 until they allow 2 hoppers with one being a H3. We insist that my wife has her own hopper for her recordings. Also, how many of you have had the hard drive go bad or something else with your hopper go funky and then you had to wait for a replacement? With 2 hoppers then if that happens, then we still have a good chance that most of our shows will be recorded on the remaining hopper and we can still watch tv while waiting for the replacement. Trust me, it was a good idea because over the past 3 years then each of our hoppers has needed to be replaced and we were sure glad we did it this way. I know that Dish will have a surge of customers upgrading to an H3 whenever they make this possible!

I, too have a household with a Hopper and HWS and i refuse to upgrade to a H3 until they allow 2 hoppers with one being a H3. We insist that my wife has her own hopper for her recordings. Also, how many of you have had the hard drive go bad or something else with your hopper go funky and then you had to wait for a replacement? With 2 hoppers then if that happens, then we still have a good chance that most of our shows will be recorded on the remaining hopper and we can still watch tv while waiting for the replacement. Trust me, it was a good idea because over the past 3 years then each of our hoppers has needed to be replaced and we were sure glad we did it this way. I know that Dish will have a surge of customers upgrading to an H3 whenever they make this possible!
I take having two DVRs a step further. I keep identical timers set on two DVRs. Sometimes one DVR can go bad but also it could have a hiccup while recording something. The backup DVR will have the recording. That has happened to me in the past especially in the 722 days. I bet there are bunches of DISH customers holding off too for a second Hopper 3. I can't wait for that there new DPH42 switch to be available. Please hurry up DISH, we need that new switch. :bounce

I hear ya! we have Primetime anytime enabled on both hoppers and "most" of our shows are on the local channels, so yes therefore if one hopper has a burp or something goes wrong, then more times than not, the other hopper has it recorded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)