Hopper3

The 2 DA accounts is (other than I own both) the main reason I keep my dual H2 setup. It gives me 2 TVs, plus my large screen computer (30" or above) plus the wife watching on her iPhone.
As for the anonymous part, I can appreciate that, it would be nice to segment storage to accounts and link those to joeys.

I take having two DVRs a step further. I keep identical timers set on two DVRs. Sometimes one DVR can go bad but also it could have a hiccup while recording something. The backup DVR will have the recording. That has happened to me in the past especially in the 722 days. I bet there are bunches of DISH customers holding off too for a second Hopper 3. I can't wait for that there new DPH42 switch to be available. Please hurry up DISH, we need that new switch. :bounce
Add to these issues the fact that anytime that single Hopper reboots, all TV viewing in the house is interrupted. Not true with more than one Hopper.....

Reactions: niceguypmp3
Its an economic issue. Dish does not want the additional cost of a multiple reflector install. The new switch coming later this year allows for 4 sats using only ONE reflector, and that is economical for Dish to install.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Multiple dishes is not an issue. I was up to 3 solving LOS issues prior to my Hopper3 installation. The new LNB has a wing dish port for a reason, or it wouldn't be there.

Multiple dishes is not an issue. I was up to 3 solving LOS issues prior to my Hopper3 installation. The new LNB has a wing dish port for a reason, or it wouldn't be there.
It is only an issue for multiple H3 or even a single H3 looking at 118 or other sats not currently supported by the Hybrid LNBF. But it is an ECONOMICS issue for Dish, not a technical one in regards to the H3. The cost of multiple reflectors for an H3 today is more money than Dish wants to spend for an H3 install. Once the new switch for the H3 is released later this year, which can support looking at 118 or other multi-sat installs using only ONE reflector, which is NOT supported by the hybrid LNBF today, it becomes econimical for Dish to allow multiple H3 installs on one account. There are a few who do have multiple H3, but it requires multiple reflectors today. Those folks were granted an exception. I prefer to wait for the new switch because by that time I would hope many of the bugs with H3 will have been addressed, along with the fact that all the installer has to do is just use what I currently have on the roof today with no new mountings, etc. That is a plus, as well.

And you found that it was an ECONOMIC issue with Dish NOT a technical one. As of today, Dish does NOT want to provide (that means PAY) for multiple reflectors to support H3's nor support multiple reflectors to support multiple H3's because it increases their cost to install the system. Those of us who need to see 4 sats or want multiple H3's are awaiting the release of Dish's new multi-switch later this year that will allow H3 installs for at least 4 sats using only ONE reflector. Then Dish will officially support and pay for such multiple sat installs because the switch allowing ONE reflector makes the install economical to do so. I really do think Dish ought to offer multiple H3's today, but allow the subscriber the option of having to pay for this install cost beyond what Dish will cover or wait for the new switch. But instead people are being told, "NO!" under any circumstances and those customers start considering competitors. Is this just one of the reasons Dish can't seem to grow the number of subscribers for several YEARS now, while DirecTV has grown impressively? It is not so much the fact that Dish won't do multiple reflector installs for H3's, but that they don't properly, honestly explain why they can't do it today, but encourage people to be patient while Dish makes such installs possible in the near future. Instead, people are given the impression that they will NEVER get an H3 at Dish. Which is the better message? The fault is with the company, the message, and the messenger.

So, you are getting multiple reflectors installed at no extra cost, right? That is the only way they can make it happen today.

It is a technical issue...

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

It is only an issue for multiple H3 or even a single H3 looking at 118 or other sats not currently supported by the Hybrid LNBF. But it is an ECONOMICS issue for Dish, not a technical one in regards to the H3. The cost of multiple reflectors for an H3 today is more money than Dish wants to spend for an H3 install. Once the new switch for the H3 is released later this year, which can support looking at 118 or other multi-sat installs using only ONE reflector, which is NOT supported by the hybrid LNBF today, it becomes econimical for Dish to allow multiple H3 installs on one account. There are a few who do have multiple H3, but it requires multiple reflectors today. Those folks were granted an exception. I prefer to wait for the new switch because by that time I would hope many of the bugs with H3 will have been addressed, along with the fact that all the installer has to do is just use what I currently have on the roof today with no new mountings, etc. That is a plus, as well.

You keep spouting your BS in multiple threads. I think I'm going to believe Vivek Khemka who just happens to be Executive VP and Chief Technology Officer at Dish over your expertise and opinions....

I hope that they do come out with a switch to allow multiple hopper 3s on your account, if you want them. Right now, I have two coaxes that I am not even using on my sat dish after installing the one hopper 3 yesterday. Seems kind of wasteful to not use them for something and the idea of using a separate dish install for each additional hopper seems wasteful as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)