Hoppers and Joey

tigersfan

Original poster
Nov 4, 2013
michigan
I am Looking into a possible Dish setup. If I have a leased Hopper and one Joey at my house, and then get a snowbird setup with another Hopper at a vacation home with a another separate Hopper that is a purchased unit. Is it possible to just move the one Joey from one house to the vacation home when needed ? They would be on the same main Dish account. Will the Joey recognize the vacation home Hopper?

You can't activate a second Hopper at a different location on the same account, both must be in one house and you cannot deactivate a leased unit without sending it back. You could move both the Hopper and Joey to the vacation home, only one coax to connect at each one. Two active Hoppers at different locations may result in one of your Hoppers permanently disabled.

Good info. Thanks. Want to get away from the cable company and Dish looked attractive. Just didn't know all the restrictions.

You might want to consider leasing just a Hopper. Well, HWS. No Joey. BUY a ViP211. It will work at home on the same network as the Hopper (just not as a Joey, as an independent receiver). And you can take it with you, quite properly, to your vacation home and use it as a stand alone receiver there. It's called Tailgating. You can use fixed antennas, you don't need to have the Tailgater mobile antenna.

WELCOME to SatGuys!

Don't tell this I suggested this but you could get two Hoppers or HWS at your main address and when you go to the snowbird location take one with you. Depending on the location of your snowbird you could loose your local programming. Locals are spot beamed t a specific geographic area, if you move outside the beam you no longer see that programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts