Horizen to Horizen Dish Mover

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lonewolf85

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
pocahontas ark
Hi everyone, I just got this H\H dish mover off of a good friend of mine. What do you guys think of it? Does anyone have any idea what type or brand of dish this might of come off of? How hard do you think it would be to adapt this to my 10 ft odom mesh dish? Thanks Lonewolf

Attachments

• H H Dish Mover 001.jpg
    H H Dish Mover 001.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 233
  • H H Dish Mover 002.jpg
    H H Dish Mover 002.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 216
  • H H Dish Mover 003.jpg
    H H Dish Mover 003.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 225
  • H H Dish Mover 004.jpg
    H H Dish Mover 004.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 215
  • H H Dish Mover 005.jpg
    H H Dish Mover 005.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 227
  • H H Dish Mover 006.jpg
    H H Dish Mover 006.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 217
  • H H Dish Mover 007.jpg
    H H Dish Mover 007.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 235
I don't have a clue what brand it is...or how hard it would be to adapt, but it sure looks heavy duty.

Is that a gear reduction box on the end of the motor? I can't tell from the pics what drives the big gear that moves with the dish. :confused:

At first, I thought it might be an AJAK.
But, I dug out pictures of their Small, Medium, and Large models, and I was wrong.

Hard to get a feel for the sizes in your picture; there's nothing to reference against, except maybe the motor size.
So, I'd say the mount looks kinda small.

Don't know how heavy your 10' dish is, but maybe if some of the old timers & experts know more about your motor, they'll give better advice.
I'm sure I'd love to have it - got any more?
Think it'd probabaly swing a 6' Prodelin (maybe 100 lbs), but that's just speculation.

edit: and if you plan to swing a Ku dish, you'll probably want to replace the disc with the 8 magnets, with a 24 or 36 pole disc.
It'll give more accurate positioning.
Useful for C-band, and required (as best I can tell) for Ku aiming.

How it works: in line with the motor is a cube. I'm guessing that has some gears.
Then, inline with the cube, is a long black rectangular structure.
I'm guessing it has the worm gear inside, which engages the side of the big gear you see.
The size of the big gear is pretty small in comparison to other motors I've seen.
So, I wouldn't think this thing could handle too big a dish in the wind.

Last edited:
That's off a CFI dish "Certified Indrustries" an they where on 12-Ft dishes, kind of like a Radix dish but not round, dish had 12 flat side to it, if that makes sense. also you are missing the board on the side where the motor is held on by 2 screws an that had 2 limit switches, becauce with that mount you could drive a dish right down into the pole.

If I ever get a camera will take a picture of the same mount, have 1 here with a Channel Master 1.2 offset feed dish that I built a few years ago. but all in all it is a good motor drive, an if you are going to use it would recomened to put some limit switches on it.

Is that a gear reduction box on the end of the motor? I can't tell from the pics what drives the big gear that moves with the dish. :confused:

phlatwound I am not sure if it is a gear reduction box or not. a worm gear drives the big gear .Does this pic help?

1captain thanks for the info. Now that I know what the mover is off of that is A big help I will do a search for CFI dish "Certified Indrustries" .

Anole The size of the big gear is 6in and the worm gear is about 3 1\2 in.

Attachments

• HH 2 003.jpg
    HH 2 003.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 235
  • HH 2 002.jpg
    HH 2 002.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 215
Don't think that you will find anthing today for CFI they went out of buss in the late 80's, an most of them out their when the motor went bad we converted them over to a actuator.

Did you get the covers for the gear drive? they look like small block chevy valve cover srunk down.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)