Horizontal green line at bottom of screen

jman069

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 22, 2006
Haven't installed or uninstalled anything and tonight my dish is showing a horizontal green line at the bottom of the screen.

I have a Vizio P70 TV and an OnkyoTX-NR636 which connects my DVR and a UPS which everything plus into. The green line doesn't appear on any other input and it does appear on old recorded programs and live TV regardless of channel.

Even a few hours ago everything was working fine so I'm stumped.

Ha I guess I'm so tired I didn't think to try that...switched inputs and still only happens with the hopper

Can't connect directly to TV due to how it's wall mounted, at least not by myself. It's just weird as it was working fine earlier and nothing was changed and now I've switched inputs it really makes me think it is either the dish or the HDMI cable which would be weird to just go out like that...

I edited my last post so I apologize if you didn't see it but I can't connect directly to wall mounted TV by myself as I'd have to take it off the wall to reach the inputs on the TV.

I'm guessing at this point it's either the cable or the hopper. Was hoping this was something common and easy to fix but evidently it isn't.

Will try and troubleshoot more tomorrow.

Reactions: ChadT41
I edited my last post so I apologize if you didn't see it but I can't connect directly to wall mounted TV by myself as I'd have to take it off the wall to reach the inputs on the TV.

I'm guessing at this point it's either the cable or the hopper. Was hoping this was something common and easy to fix but evidently it isn't.

Will try and troubleshoot more tomorrow.
Sorry I had not at that point. Best of luck to you.

I did reboot both hopper and TV and no change. When I woke up today however the line was gone.

Getting new HDMI cables in mail today so gonna replace regardless but still very weird.

Keep in mind that you have two brands that are well-known for developing problems with their products (often just after warranty expires in the case of Vizio). I never thought of it, but Vizio and Onkyo are the perfect storm match for all kinds of possible catastrophes :). It's the perfect combo; a perfect marriage; a perfect couple--for disaster.

Reactions: charlesrshell
My Onkyo receiver is telling me you are a bad man. My Samsung and my JVC get along just fine with my Onkyos.

Older models of just about any AVR had a likelihood of HDMI issues.

Given the amount of interaction required, it may not actually be the device you think it is that is blowing things up. Most of the time it is the TV.

For some reason the next day the line disappeared and I did absolutely nothing to it.

Sorry for the delayed response but was out of town.

As for the age of the equipment the hopper is the oldest and the second oldest is my PS4 and my tv and receiver are both less then a month old.

But as I said never seen it since and it only happened with the hopper and it followed the hopper whenever I changed inputs. Since it's no longer appearing gonna chalk this up to a fluke.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)