Horrific Install!!!!

iloco

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 1, 2005
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Ok, I'm more than pissed at my installation. I'm in Nashville TN. First they were supposed to be there before noon, then at 11am they called to say it would be between 3-5pm. I couldn't be there, so my wife stayed home. I get home and find my drop ceiling tiles not replaced, coax hanging out of the ceiling, they spliced into the existing coax in 3 places (2 hanging out of ceiling), left only 1 remote for 3 receivers, didn't hook up my only HDTV connection properly or place the STB correctly, and didn't even stick around to wait until ANY of the channels came on, or show my wife the system, much less program the 1 remote they did leave for TV. I also get only 1 local channel.... I'm only 15 miles from the transmitter!!!! I called VOOm as soon as I got home. They apologized, etc. But the earliest they can get the installers back out is Monday. Guess they just crapped on my super bowl party!!! I am utterly irate! WTF were these guys thinking (besides seeing the my wife didn't know squat about geek stuff and is pregnant so not able to chase them around)??? To top it all off, my wife is now pissed at ME since it was MY idea to switch from E* to V*. ARRRGGGGHHHH... I'm still steaming!

And everyone wonders why VOOM is going down,I would call VOOM back and tell them they are to have someone there by the end of the week, and if they want you'll send them pictures of the terrible quality of workmanship as soon as your lawyer returns them today.

iloco said:
Ok, I'm more than pissed at my installation. I'm in Nashville TN. First they were supposed to be there before noon, then at 11am they called to say it would be between 3-5pm. I couldn't be there, so my wife stayed home. I get home and find my drop ceiling tiles not replaced, coax hanging out of the ceiling, they spliced into the existing coax in 3 places (2 hanging out of ceiling), left only 1 remote for 3 receivers, didn't hook up my only HDTV connection properly or place the STB correctly, and didn't even stick around to wait until ANY of the channels came on, or show my wife the system, much less program the 1 remote they did leave for TV. I also get only 1 local channel.... I'm only 15 miles from the transmitter!!!! I called VOOm as soon as I got home. They apologized, etc. But the earliest they can get the installers back out is Monday. Guess they just crapped on my super bowl party!!! I am utterly irate! WTF were these guys thinking (besides seeing the my wife didn't know squat about geek stuff and is pregnant so not able to chase them around)??? To top it all off, my wife is now pissed at ME since it was MY idea to switch from E* to V*. ARRRGGGGHHHH... I'm still steaming!

I would call Installs Inc. and asked for the Field Manager Name in your area and call him asap to let him know what is going on with your install and let him know that they could not come back until Monday and i am sure he will do everything to get them back sooner cause they should have done it right the first time. And i am sure that they are out install someone else the same way. give them a call and tell them you want the Field Manger Name and Number in your area. 888-987-3474 is install Number.

TYORK - Thanks! I just got off the phone with the field manager for my area. He's supposed to give me a call back when he finds out what's going on. He did try to say that their installers are in a hurry because of the Super Bowl... does me no good since I don't get FOX ( I had it before his guys ruined my E* setup - still active). We'll see what happens :rolleyes:

iloco said:
TYORK - Thanks! I just got off the phone with the field manager for my area. He's supposed to give me a call back when he finds out what's going on. He did try to say that their installers are in a hurry because of the Super Bowl... does me no good since I don't get FOX ( I had it before his guys ruined my E* setup - still active). We'll see what happens :rolleyes:

No Problem .
Just say with it let him know that you where a customer first and you want to watch the super bowl just like the next guy. I sure that if he can get them out there he will. If not tell him you want the Reginal manger name and number

UPDATE: Installers are coming back out today to fix their work, and install an upgraded antenna at the same time! Quick service huh? I talked to the owner of Install Inc's subcontractor last night. He called and while he did make a lot of excuses, said he would have a crew over this A.M. to fix it all. He also said he saw I had a service call for Mon., but that he would go ahead and have them upgrade my antenna this morning. :D :D Thanks again TYORK!! :yes :yes

If I were you I would stay home today and over see thier work,make sure that everything is the way you want it before they leave.Even though they were pigs about thier install,I would bite my tounge and try to be nice to them,they may do a better job than to have you kicking them in the ass everytime they bend over

iloco said:
UPDATE: Installers are coming back out today to fix their work, and install an upgraded antenna at the same time! Quick service huh? I talked to the owner of Install Inc's subcontractor last night. He called and while he did make a lot of excuses, said he would have a crew over this A.M. to fix it all. He also said he saw I had a service call for Mon., but that he would go ahead and have them upgrade my antenna this morning. :D :D Thanks again TYORK!! :yes :yes

no problem hope it all work out today

tyork

Well, they sent 1 of the original installers out. Nice as pie. He did everything I asked, and installed the antenna upgrade. No idea what model, but its a big Channelmaster. (Haven't had a chance to get up on the roof and look). He didn't install a preamp though, and sometimes a couple of channels (although I get all in my area) still cut out and show digital noise. I have no idea where I would install a preamp myself. Or is it the multiplexer? They've got the RG6 going into the Winegard multi then just out to the diplexor at the receivers. Do I need a new multi or preamp or what??

iloco said:
He didn't install a preamp though...
Are you sure about that? In most cases, the pre-amp is built in into the antenna itself, so you won't see it.

iloco said:
Well, they sent 1 of the original installers out. Nice as pie. He did everything I asked, and installed the antenna upgrade. No idea what model, but its a big Channelmaster. (Haven't had a chance to get up on the roof and look). He didn't install a preamp though, and sometimes a couple of channels (although I get all in my area) still cut out and show digital noise. I have no idea where I would install a preamp myself. Or is it the multiplexer? They've got the RG6 going into the Winegard multi then just out to the diplexor at the receivers. Do I need a new multi or preamp or what??

sounds like the antenna may be have a built in amp if it going though to diplexer but the only way to know that is to find out if the diplexer outside is power pass or not it will tell you on the diplexer if it is or not BY The way how many Rec. do you have hook up

I have 3 receivers. The diplex is the 3 in 3 out Winegard. I have no idea why I would be receiving bad signal for OTA. The installer did have more trouble getting good signal for OTA just on my hdtv (its was the existing RG6 with 2 connectors, not a new cable run). Do I need to run new cable to this receiver only?

iloco said:
I have 3 receivers. The diplex is the 3 in 3 out Winegard. I have no idea why I would be receiving bad signal for OTA. The installer did have more trouble getting good signal for OTA just on my hdtv (its was the existing RG6 with 2 connectors, not a new cable run). Do I need to run new cable to this receiver only?

is there any way you can get me a number off that outside multi switch that is the only way i can tell which on you have and to see if is power or not?

TYORK, does VOOM/Installs normally ship the multiswitch for each installation, or is it usually left up to each installing company to pick the right type of multiswitch? I am just curious?

TYORK: Model VM3400. I'm not at home to see if there are any other #s, that's what the wifey said.

Do I need new MUL-TI-PASS ??? <In best Milla Jovovich voice possible> :p :D

Ilya said:
TYORK, does VOOM/Installs normally ship the multiswitch for each installation, or is it usually left up to each installing company to pick the right type of multiswitch? I am just curious?

Yes Voom does ship the Multiswitch for each installation but unfortunately not aways the right thing so in this case the installer or company should take what they need and bill voom for what it take to get it going . That is the problem right now they are sending us the multi-switch that is not power passive so you have to add a diplexer in there also to make it power pass or get another switch.

iloco said:
TYORK: Model VM3400. I'm not at home to see if there are any other #s, that's what the wifey said.

ok this is not a power pass multi-switch so unless they are more than that out there then you do not have a amp. or if you do its not getting power to it. SO if that is the only thing out there than i am assuming that you have no amp.

iloco said:
Do I need new MUL-TI-PASS ??? <In best Milla Jovovich voice possible> :p :D

no necessarilyall you would need to do is put a amp in line before your multiswitch and you should be set to go.

If I put the amp from the antenna downlead before the multiswitch, I can't place the power supply after the switch can I??? :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)