Hotbird from Barbados

Status
Please reply by conversation.

paoloai

Original poster
Jun 28, 2004
Hi,
I have a Nokia 9650, a dish installed on the roof and I'm staying in Barbados; While I see I'm getting some signal the "Automatic Search" doesn't find any channel; I've purchased the receiver in Europe where I could easly get lot of free channels; I saw in the menues "Advanced Search Mode" and "Antenna Definition" pages BUT since I'm a real beginner I don't know how to use them.
I'd like to get Hotbird channels from here but since I cannot anything I'm really sad :(

Do somebody have the time to help me or at least give me the starting steps?

thank you all.

paolo

Some Sat-TV from Barbados

Wow, your reply came so fast! :shocked
I actually can use two dishes: one is already installed on the roof, is not easy to access so I don't have info on LNB and size; I brougth another one from Italy, the dish is 70 cm and the LNB specs are the following:

Single Universal LNB-100
Input Freq: 10.7-11.7Ghz 11.7-12.75Ghz
L.O.freq1: 9.75Ghz
L.O.freq2: 10.6 Ghz
Noise Figure. 0.6db

I've checked the link you gave me; selecting "Atlantic" to include my area I see there are a lot of Sats but Hotbird; should I guess hotbird is not available from here? Where can I find info on which channels are provided by a generic satellite?

Thank you very much! :) :)

There are several Hotbird satellites, they are beamed toward Europe thus the signal would be extremely weak if not completely non existant in the Western Hemoshpere. I have had people tell me they have heard of people pulling Hotbird feeds using giant dishes from the East Coast but I have never seen it happen. Futball fans will try anything. Some if not all of the Hotbirds may be below the Horizon for you. There are several satellites that may be beamed to your area from Europe. I know the French have a couple of transponders beaming programming to places like St. Martin, but that is about it. Try to find broadcast patterns for the birds with links from lyngsat.com

Thank you all,
a sat installer has come to my house and after checking my equipment he has told me that I need another dish since mine is too small (60 cm!); he says that maybe we can try to connect my receiver (Nokia 9650) to the existing DirectTV dish located on my roof; he says that he will need to replace the DirectTV LNB with mine since this must be compatible with the receiver.
He said he'd came back the day after...then he never came back....those who has been living here will know how it works :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)