House Episode Three - The Tyrant

I didn't like last nights episode it was to dark for me.

Definitely not a comedy episode.... I can understand if you tune in to House looking for light entertainment, and were not in the mood for a dark, dramatic hour of television. In fact, at many points last night, I thought I was watching "24" instead of "House". ;)

However, I found last night's episode to be one of the best written episodes of the last year or two.

And James Earl Jones was excellent as Robert Mugabe - each season of House seems to have one episode about a particular real person, although they always change the name (which allows them to also change minor details to help the story flow better). Some of House's more obvious patients have included Senator Barack Obama, photographer Annie Liebovitz, and musician Miles Davis.

The conflict between the doctors' vows to "do no harm" and their strong feeling that they could save lives by violating their vow, was deep and thought-provoking television.

Also, a lot of things happened in the continuing "soap opera" drama of the characters.

But enough of me, what did you think ?

Definitely not a comedy episode.... I can understand if you tune in to House looking for light entertainment, and were not in the mood for a dark, dramatic hour of television. In fact, at many points last night, I thought I was watching "24" instead of "House". ;)

However, I found last night's episode to be one of the best written episodes of the last year or two.

And James Earl Jones was excellent as Robert Mugabe - each season of House seems to have one episode about a particular real person, although they always change the name (which allows them to also change minor details to help the story flow better). Some of House's more obvious patients have included Senator Barack Obama, photographer Annie Liebovitz, and musician Miles Davis.

The conflict between the doctors' vows to "do no harm" and their strong feeling that they could save lives by violating their vow, was deep and thought-provoking television.

Also, a lot of things happened in the continuing "soap opera" drama of the characters.

But enough of me, what did you think ?
I have to agree! James Earl Jones was excellent!!!!!!!!!!!:up

The Episode wasnt bad, just walked away from it feeling sad and confused by it. It was not your normal House Episode.

James Earl Jones did do an excellent job.

It was a very well written and emotional episode. I liked how House didn't have that much to do with the patient this time, but he still had a great story.

Even though he played a bad guy, it was really hard to watch James Earl die at the end. I think I've liked him in everything I've seen him in.

I agree, this episode will setup a lot of the rest of the season. It was absolutely the right move to get James Earl Jones to play the part. Just his stature caused a lot of viewers to watch the show more intently to get all the nuances.

There will be issues with Chase and Cameron. I think the downstairs neighbor will reappear. 13 can come in and out as needed by the writers.

I think in this season, House becomes more introspective and does things (like the downstairs neighbor) just to help people out instead of ignoring them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts