House wired for Directv switching to Dish

Brian Rowe

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2015
Alabama
Dish installer is here and has found only 2 wires going into brick house going to a central smart box. We have a hopper, super joey and 2 joeys. He is saying he cannot install the super joey with only 2 wires going into the house and one of them used by the internet provider. I know Directv had a powered splitter. Is there a workaround for this configuration to get everyone working together?

Thanks,
Brian

Dish installer is here and has found only 2 wires going into brick house going to a central smart box. We have a hopper, super joey and 2 joeys. He is saying he cannot install the super joey with only 2 wires going into the house and one of them used by the internet provider. I know Directv had a powered splitter. Is there a workaround for this configuration to get everyone working together?

Thanks,
Brian
He could run the node outside, and being the cables inside, not sure how that would work with integrators and splitters. Someone was on the board last month with the exact same setup and problem, and they were able to get it resolved with a setup similar to that.

Thanks,
Brian

So you have only one wire available for Dish? If that's the case then the installer is correct.

He could run the node outside, and being the cables inside, not sure how that would work with integrators and splitters. Someone was on the board last month with the exact same setup and problem, and they were able to get it resolved with a setup similar to that.

I think the poster last week had 2 wires that he could use. That would work but one wire for a Hopper, SuperJoey and Joeys won't work.

Didn't the OP here say he had two wires going into the brick? That was the part I was referencing. I may have missed somethinf

I see. In that case, you're correct JSheridan... It will not work. To the OP, you need atleast three cables from the Dish for 5 tuners. Each port on the dish can handle two tuners. You want 5, so you need all three ports.

Sure would be nice if OP would report back on what finally happened! Otherwise, another 1 and done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts