Houston: Are you having audio sync issues with ABC?

Is ABC 13 audio in sync for you?

• Yes!

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No, I am out of sync on OTA and SAT HD

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No, but SAT HD only; OTA is fine

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • The VIP211 also shows sync problems

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

RobbinM

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
I posted a while back about a problem on ABC but I've now watched live/recorded several programs on Houston channel 13 using either OTA or HD SAT and none have had the audio and video in sync. Sometimes just a bit off, sometimes by a full second or more. It's like watching a bad Japanese film!

I've only noticed this since I got my 622 but I've been out of town for months and haven't watched any ABC programming since May. Please help me understand if this is just me, the 622, or everyone in town.

How does ABC 13 look using the non-DVR receiver?

The audio sync seems to have improved for me with L360 (think that's the latest 622 update); however ABC13 has been off (both ota and thru Dish) the last several days in the daytime, I emailed them (after calling Tech support at E*, E said it was a signal problem with channel 13) and got a response there is a problem with the main tower signal and they've been broadcasting with a backup, supposed to have everything fixed by today prime time.

Yes, I saw that 13 was down today. It's nice to know that someone other than me is seeing the sync problem.

StanUbankit said:
The audio sync seems to have improved for me with L360 (think that's the latest 622 update); however ABC13 has been off (both ota and thru Dish) the last several days in the daytime, I emailed them (after calling Tech support at E*, E said it was a signal problem with channel 13) and got a response there is a problem with the main tower signal and they've been broadcasting with a backup, supposed to have everything fixed by today prime time.

Thankyou for that information. Everyday my wife's soaps haven't been recording and we thought that it was some how related to the new software. We were able to watch the primetime shows not the daytime. I had emailed the dishquality folks last week as well and in my email I suspected it was some how station related.

MikeD-C05 said:
Thankyou for that information. Everyday my wife's soaps haven't been recording and we thought that it was some how related to the new software. We were able to watch the primetime shows not the daytime. I had emailed the dishquality folks last week as well and in my email I suspected it was some how station related.

The ABC soaps (from noon to 3 pm) have a terrible lack of color saturation (the colors are dull and lifeless) so I've started recording them off of soapnet (channel 188, I think), they repeat several times during the evening/nite for the previous day. Uh, not for me, it's for the Mrs.; This has been going on for awhile (even when using my 921) I couldn't believe the difference in how much better they look on soapnet. It's got to be the signal from 13 because the color looks just as bad on my ota signal also. I suspect the other stations also don't put out full power for the soaps and talk shows during the day, with the exception of Young & the Restless, it's hd. Almost makes you wanna watch it anyway, it's a great picture! I'm guessing they crank up the power around 4 pm, just in time for news. The only downside (according to the wife) on soapnet is she had to get used to seeing the soapnet logo on the screen.

I noticed the same and detailed that very thing about color saturation especially on All My Children , to the dishquality folks. This is a recent problem that I noticed in the last 2 weeks. THey sent me a response and agreed that it is a station problem and they are going to send some engineers to the station to look at it. THis happened on the sd signal too back when I first got Houston locals in 2002 . It seemed to be something related to the line or feed they get from the network and the line had let noise in that reduced the pq. Hopefully today I can look at the quality and see if they fixed it. I couldn't watch at all last week due to the antenna problems with their station.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts