Houston Floods & my Wally

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I did raise it up, to about 4ft. Still may not be enough. I've had so many issues with the Wally (buggy) I didn't want take a chance and unplug it.
Um, if water comes into the house to a level that 4 feet up might save it, I'd like to mention that the electrical outlets will be under water and no longer supplying electricity. Just unplug it.....

In this case, it could go either way, depending where you are. From the news reports, this is a 1000 year flood and the rain is still coming, plus the Dams in Katy are being opened to relieve Pressure. Scary stuff!!

Um, if water comes into the house to a level that 4 feet up might save it, I'd like to mention that the electrical outlets will be under water and no longer supplying electricity. Just unplug it.....

Let me rephrase, I didn't want to unplug from the Dongle and my EHD. All are unplugged from wall outlets.

Reactions: littlecloud319
A little off topic, but thought I'd add some comments.

I've lived in the Beaumont TX area all my life, been through many tropical storms and several hurricanes as a first responder. I have never seen anything like this Harvey. Harvey has passed us to the east now and made landfall again. Beaumont was on the "dirty" side for four days. Now that Harvey has passed, the dirty side has switched to the western side, we are still getting pounded by rain and wind.

A few numbers which would impress a mermaid. Where I'm sitting, we've gotten over 47" of rain since Friday afternoon, including more than 34" since yesterday morning. Normal yearly rainfall is about 55". Every highway in and out of this area is closed in at least one location. Interstate 10 is closed in many places. Here is a photo of IH10 looking eastward at mile marker 785, east of Houston. The berm in the middle is the concrete divider between the east and westbound lanes.

ih10houston.jpg

We are expecting to be sending guys down there to help dish once everything gets sorted out. I threw my name in the hat hoping I get to be one of the guys that comes down to help you guys. I think it's safe to say that all of us are praying for all the people down there that are going through this nightmare

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts