Houston Tracker IV Satellite Locator (positioner) Owners manual?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

primestar31

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Beta Omicron Delta III
Does anybody have the owners manual or user instructions, or such for a Houston Tracker IV that they can upload, or email me?

Here's a pic of the unit that I'm talking about: $T2eC16N,!w0FI,GnkRrsBSY08L(i9w~~60_57.JPG

Thanks!

I have been looking for that info for a couple of months myself. Same unit I have, remote included with
the control box. Its been working ok, just getting use to the name changes on the remote to call the right
satellites. If you can find a manual, please include me on the request.

I have been looking for that info for a couple of months myself. Same unit I have, remote included with
the control box. Its been working ok, just getting use to the name changes on the remote to call the right
satellites. If you can find a manual, please include me on the request.

Sure. Can you give me any tips of what you've figured out yourself so far? I just bought one off of Ebay, and it looks like it's programmable, and can also handle a Polarotor along with the positioners 36 volt motor. Probably quite obsolete once Titanium comes out with their unit, but something fun to play with meanwhile. I wonder if it can be modified to handle DisEQc commands?

I guess the back of your box has the bar strips labeled , that's what took me the longest time. My box bar strips
were blank, so I used a pic of the listing of another HT IV to set up the control box..It's ok after your set the limits
and start setting the satellites just as you would on a old sat receiver with a build in controller. Did you get the remote
with your box?

It has everything labeled on the back. It also has the UHF remote receiver board inside, but I don't know for sure if the actual remote comes with it since the listing didn't mention it.

Sure. Can you give me any tips of what you've figured out yourself so far? I just bought one off of Ebay, and it looks like it's programmable, and can also handle a Polarotor along with the positioners 36 volt motor. Probably quite obsolete once Titanium comes out with their unit, but something fun to play with meanwhile. I wonder if it can be modified to handle DisEQc commands?

To answer your question on DisEQc; no it can't. Since I am a packrat, I'll do some digging, should be able to come up with documentation. As I seem to recall from my days back in the early 70's and my experimenting; the satellite names can be changed if you have access to an E-prom programmer and burner. There also is a battery backup inside the unit and that may need to be replaced since the unit has been around for a long time. Just in case the prior owner had not done that already. You should be able to check the voltage directly on the battery with the unit unplugged. I may also have a service manual. Right now my time is extremely limited since I'm dealing with my parent's estate and that takes priority. Got my hands full needless to say. Now that you have this info; I know that you are chomping at the bit to get your hands on it. Send me a private e-mail with your mailing address and I'll see if I can make copies of it and then you can scan it in for the group to be put on the proper forum site; as long as I get credit. 73, k0ele karl

Last used one of those about 10 yrs ago. I know it's around here somewhere.(?where?) Don't remember tossing it.
Used many here BITD with the USS SR2 receivers (LNA+Downconvertor to 70mhz I.F.) Interfaced to operate the polarity servo automatically. To do that should be possible with an FTA box. May have to look into that.(???)

Bump. Still haven't tracked down any sort of user or owners manual.

i have a HTS receiver and manual I received when I picked up my ten ft dish. I dont know whether it is a HTS 4 or not. It says it is a System 70?

would this help?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    571.8 KB · Views: 460
Last edited:
Good Question(?) I'm going to have to 'brainstorm' with the fellows from BITD as we installed quite a few of these units. Still have one on the shelf, but haven't used it in like 15-20 years, so pretty rusty.(CRS?)

A friend of mine has one on the shelf and he said it's a pretty simple unit. You can set east and west limits and reset(erase) them but you can't store positions. It just a simple counter is what he says.
I just sent him the picture. Maybe that will jog his 70yr old memory a little more and we can dig up some more info.

Last edited:
Try "0 1 0 1" Friend believes that is RESET. Then the programming (position-polarity) instructions scroll across the display.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)