Houston, We have FTA :-D

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hotwire132002

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 5, 2004
My Pansat 2500 receiver came in today! :D

Setup was unbelievalbly easy--I hooked everything up, spent about 5 minutes getting the dish pointed (at IA6, for the news feeds), and tuned right in to CBS Newspath--which apparently is a news feed channel! Awesome! Right now I'm doing a smart search to try and find some more channels. Thanks for the help to everyone who, over the past, couple weeks, helped me enough to get up and running!

I'll keep you posted on my FTA experience!

:D :D :D

IA6 is a great satellite tio scan at the top of the hour (starting at 5 eastern). usually the biggest news story is right away and would be there.

Have fun with it!! :D

CBS Newspath just airs B-roll footage and promos to affiliates and occasional live onsite coverage. It's interesting but I get bored with it before very long.

What you really want to look for are the non-obvious channel names like "Service 1" or "TV 2" or "FNC/K4/CH1A" etc... those are the actual live raw onsite reporter feeds / groupshots.

TuxCoder said:
CBS Newspath just airs B-roll footage and promos to affiliates and occasional live onsite coverage. It's interesting but I get bored with it before very long.

What you really want to look for are the non-obvious channel names like "Service 1" or "TV 2" or "FNC/K4/CH1A" etc... those are the actual live raw onsite reporter feeds / groupshots.

I figured that out pretty quickly. :) After doing a smart scan, I found a couple live feeds that I'm checking out right now. FTA RULES! :D

yes it does :)

like I say, do a scan around 5 eastern time and do it on the hour. Sometimes they light up pretty good :D

hotwire132002 said:
My Pansat 2500 receiver came in today! :D

Setup was unbelievalbly easy--I hooked everything up, spent about 5 minutes getting the dish pointed (at IA6, for the news feeds), and tuned right in to CBS Newspath--which apparently is a news feed channel! Awesome! Right now I'm doing a smart search to try and find some more channels. Thanks for the help to everyone who, over the past, couple weeks, helped me enough to get up and running!

I'll keep you posted on my FTA experience!

:D :D :D

Before I got my motor to turn the dish I made reference marks on the pole to locate the different satellites turning by hand, this worked well and I continued to do it that way until my Wife finally said is there a motor that will turn the dish automatically I said YES THERE IS I will order one right away.

Have Fun!!
:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts