How 2 Disable???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Digital Rain

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 4, 2005
ALBUQUERQUE, NM
How Do I disable the Thumbs Up and Down feature on the TIVO? it's a pain in the a.... and I don't use it at all. Cant find it in the manual.

Okay guys, go easy on me, as of Friday I'll be brand new to Tivo. What in the heck do the thumbs up and down buttons do? I thought they were for erasing programs? :confused:

kbohip said:
Okay guys, go easy on me, as of Friday I'll be brand new to Tivo. What in the heck do the thumbs up and down buttons do? I thought they were for erasing programs? :confused:

each time yo watch something you can rate that show thumbs up or thumbs down (up to 3 up and 3 down) or leave it neutral. the tivo uses these ratings to produce suggestions on shows you might like. if you allow it to the tivo will record some of these suggestions if there is enough free space (it wont ever delete your scheduled or recorded prgrams to record suggestions)

if you dont allow it to record them ther eis a suggestions menu that you can go into to see wha tis suggested you watch or record. My advice is to leave it off first then turn it on after you have rated some shows.

Oh that's cool! I never knew that's what those did. That reminds me of the Netflix rating system. I've found that it works pretty good. It doesn't get it right most of the time, but I'm amazed to see how much I've rented off that recommended list. I'll be using the suggestions quite a bit. It looks like I'll be upgrading the hard drive after all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts