How about that Wii Fit?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Keep meaning to get back into it, but like everything Wii we've ever played with, it's just starting to collect dust. Don't know why, but most of my friends are the same way. Very briefly play the latest and greatest, then 3-4+ months of dust gathering.

Keep meaning to get back into it, but like everything Wii we've ever played with, it's just starting to collect dust. Don't know why, but most of my friends are the same way. Very briefly play the latest and greatest, then 3-4+ months of dust gathering.
Anyone willing to sell their dust gathering Wii Fit board and game I am willing to listen to offers. :eureka

We are still using ours. I have a 15 year old daughter that is trying to put in an hour a day on it. My other kids play on it quite a bit as well. The strength training is still keeping me sore, and the aerobics make me sweat, but I haven't lost weight. My weight has fluctuated back and forth within two to three pounds, so I haven't lost anything. Ha. But my wii fit age is 28! I'm actually 45 (tomorrow).

I have finally officially lost weight using the wii fit. My weight is down 4+ pounds, which is outside the normal fluctuation, so I have lost somewhere between 1 and 2 pounds so far. It has only taken me 32 days :) (That's sarcasm, if you can't feel it.) I have been using it almost every day for about 30 minutes a day. Some days though I don't get on the wii but I still exercise using some of their exercises. It's still fun.

This thing cant be right , I work out doing light weights every other day and I tread mill evry day for 30 minutes and bike for 30 minutes and I do physical labor, I weight 205 and it says my idea body weight is 166lbs . I think I was 166 in the 11th grade , also I am 40 and it say my age is 57 ,lol. Forgot to add my height is 6'1
The problem is that Body Mass Index (BMI) is the calculation that Wii Fit uses to determine your level of fitness. If you are doing weight training in combination with endurance training, then your body composition will render any BMI calculation invalid. Muscle weighs more than fat. Wii Fit is more for people who are out of shape and have become inactive. With a lifestyle as active as yours, it seems as though Wii Fit might not be the most appropriate tool.
Are you trying to lose weight? Maintain? Or gain muscle mass?

If Wii is smart they will come out with other programs for people who want to add muscle fit programs for folks who have type 2 diabites and games for the elderly who would like to stay in shape

If Wii folks are smart.

If Wii is smart they will come out with other programs for people who want to add muscle fit programs for folks who have type 2 diabites and games for the elderly who would like to stay in shape

If Wii folks are smart.

I agree! I'd like the one for type 2 diabetes management (because I am type 2). I think 'diabetic darts' would be fun. You need to match the units with the carbohydrate intake. Maybe they could come up with a special controller that will hook up to your BGM and keep track of your blood sugar, or even email a log of the results to your physician.

I agree! I'd like the one for type 2 diabetes management (because I am type 2). I think 'diabetic darts' would be fun. You need to match the units with the carbohydrate intake. Maybe they could come up with a special controller that will hook up to your BGM and keep track of your blood sugar, or even email a log of the results to your physician.
I think that's a little bit more than what Nintendo wants to handle. Also it opens them up for more lawsuit potential. Besides, do you trust your Wii to help manage your diabetes?

I think that's a little bit more than what Nintendo wants to handle. Also it opens them up for more lawsuit potential. Besides, do you trust your Wii to help manage your diabetes?

Hahaha... it probably is too much for Nintendo to handle. That's probably why they didn't put any diet-type programs in there. But most BG monitors allow a USB connector. I don't think they would be opening themselves up to anything terrible just by making some kind of connector to the Wii Remote to upload the log of the week's numbers to a doctor's office. Now if they made dosage recommendations, that could be a problem for sure.
Do I trust my Wii to help me manage my diabetes?
No more than I trust my BG meter, but as long as its not something people become dependent on, then it probably isn't that bad.

What if somebody gets a heart attack while boxing or running in place?? or falls down and get a head injury while doing one of the Yoga routines--can Nitendo be held reliable since they did not include a heart monitor or Head gear with WII Fit??

What if somebody gets a heart attack while boxing of running in place?? or falls down and get a head injury while doing one of the Yoga routines--can Nitendo be held reliable since they did not include a heart monitor or Head gear with WII Fit??
I'm sure a number of people have been injured playing Dance Dance Revolution, yet Konami and their dancepad manufacturers are still in business.

What if somebody gets a heart attack while boxing or running in place?? or falls down and get a head injury while doing one of the Yoga routines--can Nitendo be held reliable since they did not include a heart monitor or Head gear with WII Fit??

I think you mean "held liable."

Anyway... I don't know where you people are finding your wii Fit units. I have been to Walmart, Target, Kmart, the mall, Best Buy, Circuit City, and others on multiple occasions to buy one of these things for my wife. Nobody has any in stock, ever. At least not in my city, St. Petersburg, FL.

So I guess I have to order online, and they are back ordered?

This really irks me that they (Nintendo) are constantly releasing games and equipment before they have enough supply to meet the demand. Let's face it, everybody loves the wii. Make enough parts to go around!

I think you mean "held liable."

Anyway... I don't know where you people are finding your wii Fit units. I have been to Walmart, Target, Kmart, the mall, Best Buy, Circuit City, and others on multiple occasions to buy one of these things for my wife. Nobody has any in stock, ever. At least not in my city, St. Petersburg, FL.

So I guess I have to order online, and they are back ordered?

This really irks me that they (Nintendo) are constantly releasing games and equipment before they have enough supply to meet the demand. Let's face it, everybody loves the wii. Make enough parts to go around!
It's a supply issue as well. Because the dollar is so weak, Nintendo is intentionally lowering the supply to the US and sending more out to Europe and other countries. As if they really NEED the extra money.

It's a supply issue as well. Because the dollar is so weak, Nintendo is intentionally lowering the supply to the US and sending more out to Europe and other countries. As if they really NEED the extra money.

Well... like many corporations that do some things right, they (Nintendo) miss the mark on other things... They should be bringing more of their low priced video game equipment to the US. Europe is prospering with their Euro and people can afford to go out and spend money.

I think that because of the slowdown in the economy here in the US, people are spending more money on video games, cable and satellite, DVDs and CDs than during a good economy where people are going out to dinner and entertainment events such as concerts, theatre, and movies. People are staying home. We all know how much fun you can get out of a good videogame. I have certainly got my monies worth out of all the Halo games and Mass Effect, among others.

I really think home entertainment spending goes up during a crap economy. Just like ciggs, alcohol, and gambling. When times are tough, you cling to your vice and do things that are cheaper. "Come on kids, let's eat in and play Mario Kart" has replaced, "Hows about we go to Chilis and go see that movie you kids wanted to see," or "Let's go downtown to that concert tonight honey. We'll stop and eat at Outback on the way down."

My wife and I spend more time at home lately. The five month old baby contributes to that too, but much of it is a wait and see approach to the economy and those damn high gas prices.

The gas in Mario Kart is free, once you buy the game.

The ONLY way to get the latest and greatest is to pre-order, and then it's a bit of a crap shoot at some places. Locally here, we find Toys R Us is the best place to shop. It's right next to a Circuit City, so most people go there first looking... hehehee... As far as wii fit goes, yes, I've lost weight... it does work. My problem is the weekends since I have family get togethers and stuff and there's that tendency to just sample one of each of the 20+ plates on the table... So I'll do junk like lose 11 lbs and then go up 4 on the weekend. After July 4th weekend I'm going to try to make more effort on loosing the weight and not overeating on the weekends.

By the way, the board is sassy in wii fit... it does call you obease if you are.... but it also says you shouldn't be up so late and stuff if you are playing it at 2 am and junk like that.

Next year Jillian Micheals (think that's here name?), the psycho trainer chick off of bigest looser tv show is supposed to be putting out a new game for the wii. That'll probably be another one to preorder or don't order.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts