How activation works? Key-Harware ID

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ericfav

Original poster
Nov 8, 2005
What does the key? How to know the link between the key and if are paying the service or not?

I guess than the satellite signal contain all Hardwares ID that are paying the subscription.

If we don't pay anymore the subscription, our hardware ID is not on the list anymore.

Our reveiver has a rule to compare his hardware ID and the list received by the signal. If it find hte same hardware ID, thne, it can perform correctly.

Please help to understand how it works.

Thanks
Eric

I am not sure why you would need this information, I am unaware of how the TT software works but the XM stuff is pretty standard/secure authorization. I also think there are other forums that talk about this in more detail and this might not be the place for this kind of conversation.

As far as XM, it's built into the hardware. The only way it could possibly work is for XM to broadcast an "authorization" signal, one for each authorized reciever, and once the receiver sees this it activates for some period of time (on the order of 20-30 days, just as a guess).

To the best of my knowledge, all TimeTrax cares about is your registration code (from them) and your receiver ID (locking it to a single reciever).

src666 said:
As far as XM, it's built into the hardware. The only way it could possibly work is for XM to broadcast an "authorization" signal, one for each authorized reciever, and once the receiver sees this it activates for some period of time (on the order of 20-30 days, just as a guess).

To the best of my knowledge, all TimeTrax cares about is your registration code (from them) and your receiver ID (locking it to a single reciever).

Correct on both counts. I'm not sure what the activation period is, but I know XM also sends a "deactivation signal" if your service is to be turned off, so the radio will shut down instantly.

TimeTrax's keys are linked to the radio ID.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)