How are timers *supposed* to work?

HTPC4Me

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2011
US
I'm pretty new to Dish and would like some clarification on how the timers work. What I'd like to happen is to setup a show to record, set a limit as to how many it can keep (I.E. 3), and have it automatically cycle the latest episodes even if we don't delete the old ones. My assumption was that by setting the limit of 3, the oldest of the 3 will be deleted so the newest can record. I don't have enough history to tell if that's the way it's working, or if it's refusing to record new episodes because I haven't deleted the old. Can someone please clarify?

This is definitely possible as I do it all the time with my 922. I do it keeping one show at a time for the news programs we watch and keep as many as 20 episodes of other shows. I've read on your other post about problems you have had with timers in general, perhaps the problem occurs because you are create the timers on-line. I'd suggest trying to set up the timers with your remote. The key is to create a series timer and not to protect the shows; you'll see a selection box that asks you how many shows to keep. If you protect the recordings, then you cannot create this type of timer because you are protecting a recording that the 922 will ultimately want to delete because it has reached the maximum number of recordings that you specified and needs to make room for a new recording. If you need more help, just post here and I'll walk you though it step by step, but I'd want to be home in front of my 922. Good luck!

We'll never know since DISH uses a service that provides inaccurate and erroneous information that the Timers need to function properly. When the guide information is accurate, the timers will work as one would expect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts