How are you watching the Olympics - SD/HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
According to another post, NBC decided not to do the HD live presentation of the olympics because of fear of losing ratings and therefore losing advertising revenue. How many on this board have decided to boycott the SD Olympic Feed? That is, you don't watch it at all. You only watch the HD feed.

I only wanted to see the SD feed for a couple of events that will not be listed on the HD feed like men's cycling results, etc. I was also trying to catch this dude on the USA swim team we know through an acquaintance that was supposed to be shown on SD.

However Bob Costas is a fruit, too many commercials in SD, and NBC's flippant attitude IMO about HDTV means... I will mainly watch the HD feed anyway. I try to not even listen or read websites about results either since they immediately post scores, medals, etc.. and I'm going to wait for MY feed to come in and keep the "excitement" factor up.

The only positive thing I can say about NBC is that it looks like it will FINALLY start airing some more HD shows like Medical Mysteries, LAX, and Hawaii. I want Fear Factor in HD!

Source

The ceremony - which occupied all of BBC One's primetime schedule - averaged a hefty 8.6 million viewers from 6.35pm, equating to a 41.4% share of the TV audience.

The peak came just after 10pm, when 10.7 million (50.3%) were watching.

In the US, an even more impressive 56 million total viewers tuned in between 8pm and 12am for tape-delayed coverage on the NBC network.

I try to watch the HD feeds only, but my family wants "current" viewing and don't want to wait another day before watching the day's events. I get sucked in by the cheers and end up watching a lot of stuff in "live" SD. I hope that NBC never wins the bid again for Olympic coverage.

The stuff on Bravo and CNBC will not be aired in HD so if you want to know who wins in those events you have no choice. However if you watch the event in HD you get better coverage less interruptions, and of course it's in HD. If you REALLY want to see gymnastics for example, man only HD will do.

Sean, no report on how many people tuned in to see the HD feed?

I Am Watching Only The HD FEED. There Is To Much Of A Picture Quality Difference To Watch The SDs. But I Am Watching The HD Feed On D*Ch.84 Because V* Has Blacked Me Out.

Add another choice:

I am not watching anything at all because I am not eligible for anything and don't receive any local channels at all.

put me down for that one. :(

Watching mostly SD on my basic C@mcast cable connection I have kept because of internet. PQ is horrible but it is live. Watching very little Voom HD because it is old news. Frustrated? Yes. Will I email NBC? As soon as I get time to write a tactful blistering message.

I blame NBC for this not Voom. However, something just doesn't seem right after hearing, on this forum, other satellite providers being able to show live feeds in other areas. If this is true there is a turd in the woodpile, but I have a feeling it will be to late before we find out the real story of what has gone down at the "higher" level.

I am not watching the Olympics because the new channels are blacked out for me, and apparently my local NBC affiliate doesn't broadcast yet in digital. If they are it is a very weak signal and isn't making i to my house. Since this is the case, shouldn't I get the NBC channels on Voom?

Augurr

Can only get the SD on my local NBC digital. Don't even carry the HD and VOOM has me locked out of the HD. My local affiliate said it is NBC's fault.

I feel like the other post in another thread that made me laugh.

"The NBC policy is a lot like the Soup Nazi on Seinfeld....No Olympics for YOU, come back......4 years"

I have been watching Sd feeds because I want to see the live event not a delay run. However, I do watch HD feed, but every time I tune it in I have already seen it and this keeps looping the same event.

I hope NBC doesn't get the next olympics...they suck!!!

personally, I am starting to NOT watch the olympics; the endless HD loop really sux after awhile, I mean how many times can you watch the SAME event, the SAME commercials, and the SAME fly over shots of Athens..

the SD feed I get on my non-voomed Televisions are a little more interesting, but since the crowds at the events are NON EXISTANT, there is no crowd excitement, no Drama, and the braggart Americans aren't really dominating anything, so my interest in this is almost ZERO...

I tuned in the SD feeds that Dish provided just to check them out and I haven't tuned them in again, HD all the way. The gymnastics were awesome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts