How Autopay works?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

acostapimps

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
Illinois
I'm just wondering how Autopay works, will it be paid on the due date or when the billing cycle starts? Bill runs from 26th to the 25th every month and my bill date is on the 27th, and the due date is on the 15th, I preferably use credit card for payments.

It is paid at the Due date. Mine is due on the 27th of every month, payment is made through EFT, and within 2-3 business days, not including holidays or weekends, the draft clears my bank. If insufficient funds are available, they will attempt a second time. If still no monies are available, then they will charge you a late fee and insufficient funds charge, and request another form of payment, which you will have to either mail in, or make over the phone with the CSR, at which you will be charged a courtesy fee for talking to a human.

All of this is in your contract and TOS with Direct. For more information on billing payments see https://support.directv.com/app/ans...UeXBlIjoiZmlsdGVyRHJvcGRvd24ifX19fX0sImMiOjN9

If you use a credit card for autopay, they take the payment when the bill is generated and before you even get to see the bill.

It is a bit of an irritant, but you get used to it.

They do send an email to let you know that your bill is available on line and that will show it's been paid. I've had it set up this way for 6 years without any issue at all.

Yep, they send an email the day after they've taken the money from you CC. Only company in the world I've ever dealt with that takes the money before you get to even see the bill.

With Dish, they send an email telling you the bill is available to see about 20 days before the due date which is inline with all other businesses, except DirecTV.

Just a poor accounting/billing system, imo.

Pay with a debit card and it comes out on the due date.
Now you are going to start the whole argument with someone stating that debit cards have no protection. I use our Debit card for everything. If there is ever an issue, our Credit Union is on top of it, and will let you know, before you even knew something wrong happened.

I only did the auto-draft, so that I could get the $10 discount.

If you use a credit card, the funds are charged on the bill generation date.

If you use a debit card or bank withdrawal, it comes out on the due date.

But yes, since you mentioned it :) , you should not use debit cards as credit cards. Unless you have tons of funds in your checking account, checks may bounce before you can fix it from overdrafts, double charges of ID theft. Don't forget the roughly $150 hold at gas pumps until the station decides to run the final charge thru.

If you use a credit card, the funds are charged on the bill generation date.

If you use a debit card or bank withdrawal, it comes out on the due date.

But yes, since you mentioned it :) , you should not use debit cards as credit cards. Unless you have tons of funds in your checking account, checks may bounce before you can fix it from overdrafts, double charges of ID theft. Don't forget the roughly $150 hold at gas pumps until the station decides to run the final charge thru.
There has never been a $150.00 hold on my debit card, when used for gas. I only use it as a credit card, due to my Credit Union pays me a percentage for using.

Do not also need to keep a bunch of money in the account, to cover items, nor have had theft happen.

My Credit Union is really good in protecting their customers cards, and will call you before you even knew something happened, to tell you that they are issuing a new card, and rejecting the fraudulent purchases, if any do ever happen.

In over twenty-five years with this same Credit Union, never have had holds at the pump, or fraud happen.

Thanks for all the replies, since debit or bank withdrawal are on the due date, and credit cards are on the bill statement date, Do Directv accept savings account as bank withdrawals(EFT)? If not then I also got a checking account and schedule a account transfer through my Credit Union online banking, when the bills due since it takes 1 business day for the actual withdrawal anyway.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)