How 'bout them Penguins...?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bhelms

Retired & lovin' it!
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 26, 2006
Central PA
I'm not a big hockey fan, and given their recent record not a big Penguins fan either. But since I'm from the area I thought I'd watch the game last night vs. the Flyers on HDNet.

Wow! I was impressed - in several ways...!

The Penguins looked pretty good, and I don't think it's because the Flyers were that bad in spite of their preseason record. Fleury stopped - what - 80 shots? (Can he play that way all season?) Crosby looked great. The Flyers couldn't score in 10 power plays. Maybe things are looking up for Pittsburgh fans...

And the game looked (and sounded!) GREAT as well. I haven't watched much HDNet lately and I've read the recent threads about more down rezzing, but I'm not seeing much degradation. The bitrate must still be high as I didn't see any pixelation or other problems even in the high action scenes.

I think these two teams face off 7 more times this season. I hope more are on HDNet!

Anyone else see the game and feel like I do...?

BRgds and have a great weekend...

HD Net has always done a great job with hockey telecasts. I just want to win one of those Jerseys. Been trying since they started it. Maybe one of these days.

Just wish that they would show more teams than they do. Haven't ever seen the Panthers on there. At least I can see them in HD on Fox Sports Florida.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)