How can DirecTV get away with this???

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Not to take anything away from your terrible customer service experience, but this could happen with and cable or satellite company. Certainly, Dish, Comcast, TWC, Charter, etc. all have documented horror stories which echo the OP's. My advice for anyone dealing with these types of companies is to not let it get to you. Firstly, while $150 is not an insignificant amount of money for a lot of people, but, if it is on your credit card, and you don't think you should have to pay it, you're probably not going to. Secondly, switching from one of these companies to another is unlikely to deliver significantly different results.

I don't know about BofA, but my experience with CapitalOne and Citi and disputing charges is they immediately refund the money while they investigate. Obviously, YMMV.

My original advice stands that going to an AT&T corporate-owned store would have likely reduced the time to resolution. Now, I understand that not everyone has access to one of those, but, if you do, I highly recommend it. You will be talking to people face to face, and there is a local manager who can deal with many issues which need escalation.

Finally, this is really all on DirecTV for not letting you know up front about the balance at your address and the cancellation of the appointment. Were I you, I would make sure someone local with AT&T/DirectTV knows about that issue.

I was thinking that too, I remembered the name, but couldn't place what he's doing now, probably retired.

I think John Stanley is the guy you want now, but I don't know how accessible he is.
It sounds like Someone saw his email and is looking into it.
Yeah ...

I just wanted to verify this myself and make sure it was Stankey's office which responded, since I may even give it try.

Though not as severe as the OP's experience, but back in late March a stupid DIRECTV CSR made an unauthorized change to my long held grandfathered Premier package I kept for many years down to Ultimate. And now everyone from the 1st level CSRs, to the Loyalty dept. (formally "Retention"), to Account Management, all claim they cannot completely restore it back.

And the best they can do is place me back on Premier with the original old $10/10/3 plan I had with primary receiver free and offer me a one time credit of $120 for what I would have saved in a year with the grandfathered status, and finally along with their apologies of couse.

So to summarize DIRECTV accidentally broke something, and claim they can't fix it ...

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Yeah ...

I just wanted to verify this myself and make sure it was Stankey's office which responded, since I may even give it try.

Though not as severe as the OP's experience, but back in late March a stupid DIRECTV CSR made an unauthorized change to my long held grandfathered Premier package I kept for many years down to Ultimate. And now everyone from the 1st level CSRs, to the Loyalty dept. (formally "Retention"), to Account Management, all claim they cannot completely restore it back.

And the best they can do is place me back on Premier with the original old $10/10/3 plan I had with primary receiver free and offer me a one time credit of $120 for what I would have saved in a year with the grandfathered status, and finally along with their apologies of couse.

So to summarize DIRECTV accidentally broke something, and claim they can't fix it ...

So if they can't fix it, make sure that its noted on your account (and have them email you it) that they will continue to credit you that amount that equals the difference.

So if they can't fix it, make sure that its noted on your account (and have them email you it) that they will continue to credit you that amount that equals the difference.
Tried that, but the maximum Acc. Mgt. will offer is that one time discount for a year's worth I mentioned.

This actually happened once before several years back when my grandfathered status mysteriously fell off for some reason at a billing cycle. And again, no one at DIRECTV claimed to be able to restore it back.

Only the Office of the President (a.k.a. "Ellen Filipiak's" office) was finally able to restore it.

And they no longer exist since the merger of course ... So I'm pretty much sol right now with no higher place to appeal this to.

Unless Stankey's office can do something that is ...

Status
Please reply by conversation.