How Can HD DVD win?

Vivid is the largest, and they are going Blu-ray, at least at first.

And as for subsidizing, HD-DVD is subsidizing hardware, Blu-ray discs. The results from the first quarter will be interesting. If Blu-ray does NOT start pulling ahead, it may be bad news for Sony. If there's no clear leader by year end, I'd say that means a win for HD-DVD. But we'll see. Time will tell.

That's how HD-DVD could win- keep being a competitor and outlast 'em.

Blu-ray has subsidized discs? Man, every BD by me is still at least $8 more than the HD-DVD version. Even the HD-DVD combo disc's are cheaper than the BD versions.

Actually, I don't know that from personal knowledge, I'm just referring to teachsac's post:

"Sony is subsidizing production right now to defer costs of disc production. That is how they lured Warner and a few other studios that had announced HD-DVD exclusivity in the beginning."

Sony will do the same this to BD ad they have messed up in the past.

beta max was far supirior to vhs in every way. screwed them selves on that one

and now PS3(the cheepest bd player on the market right now.(sales sucking by the way).

Sony is subsodizing movie makers at thoe moment.

and yes they will price themselves right out of the market.

you tell me other that crazed addicts that jo blow will pay 600 for a bd player when a HD dvd player is starting to hit the 300 range and still dropping.

never ming that to joe blow the currect dvd player looks like gold at what 40 for an ok player and 80 for a great player..

I do not see Joe Blow buying BD player.

I for one am a very intence picture quality buff i have a mid range denon dvd player and i will probably never buy a BD. unless we see them at sub $200 and if they can fix the longevity problems. with the laser

Actually, I don't know that from personal knowledge, I'm just referring to teachsac's post:

"Sony is subsidizing production right now to defer costs of disc production. That is how they lured Warner and a few other studios that had announced HD-DVD exclusivity in the beginning."

According to industry White papers, the retooling costs for BD reproduction facillities cost up to $1 billion worldwide. HDDVD retooling cost 1/10th of that.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)