How can I eliminate signal loss in rain?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You are right - I am using the Alaska Hawaii LNB like the one shown in your picture, not the sl3 lnb. I costs more but is very easy to mount.
I get the 110/119 channels on a Slimline SL5 dish and have it connected to the receiver no. 1 on my HR23. The Alaska Hawaii dish is connected to receiver no. 2 for 99/101/103 channels. With any other setup I get "channel Guide" issues.
I have got to say, that does not make any sense to me at all. What do you mean by "connected to receiver #1"? If you don't have the 101 signals going to tuner 1, the system won't even start up.
If you have the Alaska/Hawaii LNB using a single dish then it is supposed to be connected by four cables to an SWM8 multiswitch. It won't work correctly without one. That way the system uses the 101 guide data even when you are watching a program from 103, and there are no guide data issues. To get 119 (there is nothing on 110) people in Alaska use a second dish which integrates with the 99/101/103 system.

I have got to say, that does not make any sense to me at all. What do you mean by "connected to receiver #1"? If you don't have the 101 signals going to tuner 1, the system won't even start up.
If you have the Alaska/Hawaii LNB using a single dish then it is supposed to be connected by four cables to an SWM8 multiswitch. It won't work correctly without one. That way the system uses the 101 guide data even when you are watching a program from 103, and there are no guide data issues. To get 119 (there is nothing on 110) people in Alaska use a second dish which integrates with the 99/101/103 system.

OK, looks like I have created some confusion. Sorry about that. I have two dishes, a Slimline 5 with a 5lnb and an Alaska Hawaii dish with the 3lnb for 99/101/and 103 satellites. I have one receiver, an HR23, with two tuners ( I should have used the word "tuner" and not "receiver" originally). The Slimline 5 is connected to tuner no. 1 on the HR23 and The Alaska Hawaii dish is connected to tuner no. 2. The system automatically selects tuner no. 2 to feed the TV receiver unless I force it to do otherwise by starting a recording on no.2 while watching no.1. It works out really well. There is only one station on the 119 satillite that I like, it is the jazz music channel on 852. If they would move it to 101 or somewhere I would get rid of the 110/119 reception. I hope this more clear now.

BigFootDish640.jpg

OK, looks like I have created some confusion. Sorry about that. I have two dishes, a Slimline 5 with a 5lnb and an Alaska Hawaii dish with the 3lnb for 99/101/and 103 satellites. I have one receiver, an HR23, with two tuners ( I should have used the word "tuner" and not "receiver" originally). The Slimline 5 is connected to tuner no. 1 on the HR23 and The Alaska Hawaii dish is connected to tuner no. 2. The system automatically selects tuner no. 2 to feed the TV receiver unless I force it to do otherwise by starting a recording on no.2 while watching no.1. It works out really well. There is only one station on the 119 satillite that I like, it is the jazz music channel on 852. If they would move it to 101 or somewhere I would get rid of the 110/119 reception. I hope this more clear now.

Yes, that makes sense, I was kinda confused as well

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts