How can i get 61.5 bird without adding another dish.

ummad72

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 12, 2007
Hilliard, Ohio
Hi Guys,
i believe i have super dish (how can i verify).I'd like to be able to watch international channels. the csr i spoke to said i need to have another dish installed to be able to do so. Ihave seen someone's signature who had superdish and a DPP4 (i belive) for the 61.5 bird. I am a newbie at dish hardware. How can i accomplish this task without having to spend more $$ (on top of international programming) on another dish install tech call. thanx in advance.

Most people don't realize just how far off to the left the 61.5º location is from the 110º and 119º slot. They are almost at right angles from each other. As Randall said, there is no single dish available that hits 110/119/61.5. I will add that there will never be a single dish that can do this.

Which international channels were you after? Some of them are now on 118.75 which can be hit with a Dish 500 Plus. But you would still need a different dish.

sorry, you can't. You need another dish to pick up the 61.5 satellite.
Reason being is that 61.5 is so far away from 110/119 in the sky.

Need a little more info to tell you the cheapest way to do what you are trying to do. How many recievers (and what models) to you have? And do you actually have a Superdish right now. You would be able to tell cause it say's Superdish on the front of the reflector. Or you can go into the menu on the receiver. Go to System Setup, Installation, and then Point Dish. From there select Check Switch an see what satellite locations you are currently picking up. That will also tell us what kind of dish you have. Also, do you know what switches you have? It will also tell you that under the Check Switch screen.

Let us know that stuff and we can tell you what kind of switch's, ect... that you will need to do this.

Welcome to Satellite Guys!!!

Thanx for all the quick replies for assistance. I have one 625 Dual tuner reciever. i'll do the check switch when i get home later today and post the result. btw thats menu 6 1 1? .. if i remember the other post correctly. This is a great resource for dish network. I have been checking almost daily since i found it. OH and to answer tthe other question, i am looking to subscribe to indian / pakistani channel(s)

You can also get an eleptical dish to his 110-148, I saw a picture of someone who did this once, but they basically used cable ties to keep the LNB's in place, so if you got a huge dish like Iceberg's, you could probably get that going and would probably get better strength... 148 and 61 are mirrored for int'l stations, but not HD... Still, D500+ or D1000+ is probably a better bet...

If you want the most popular southasian channels a SuperDish 121 might do the trick too. Though I don't know if they are allowing new subscribers to get a Superdish121 and it is a monstrously large Dish compared to a Dish 500. This single dish gets 110/119 and 121. 121º carries the most popular south asian channels. See HERE

You can also get an eleptical dish to his 110-148, I saw a picture of someone who did this once, but they basically used cable ties to keep the LNB's in place,

yep. Just did that yesterday. Took an old Phase II dish (that the LNB's can be removed) and put 4 LNB's on it

148 was off the "w" adapter
dummy one at 139 (basically there to hold the 148 LNB)
middle was empty
119 to the right slot of the "W"
110 off the "w"

got decent results on all satellites :)

The dish got taken back down yesterday because I couldn't get it to work properly with the switches. Since it is just 3 duals I tried a SW21x/Sw21 combo (which didnt work) and a SW42/SW21 combo (which the SW42 is bad).

When I hooked it up to the FTA box to see what signals I would get
all 119 TP's (spotbeams excluded) were between 90-99 on the Pansat 1500
on 110 it ranged from 66 (TP3) up to 99 (not including spotbeams)
148 TP's were around 75

I even threw one in the middle for 129 and got between 60-75 on the active TP's ;)

Attachments

• 000_0154.jpg
    000_0154.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Well, I guess he could put in a motorized system and just the one antenna......:rolleyes:

sorry, you can't. You need another dish to pick up the 61.5 satellite.
Reason being is that 61.5 is so far away from 110/119 in the sky.

Need a little more info to tell you the cheapest way to do what you are trying to do. How many recievers (and what models) to you have? And do you actually have a Superdish right now. You would be able to tell cause it say's Superdish on the front of the reflector. Or you can go into the menu on the receiver. Go to System Setup, Installation, and then Point Dish. From there select Check Switch an see what satellite locations you are currently picking up. That will also tell us what kind of dish you have. Also, do you know what switches you have? It will also tell you that under the Check Switch screen.

Let us know that stuff and we can tell you what kind of switch's, ect... that you will need to do this.

Welcome to Satellite Guys!!!

Well, after i went to point dish menu and clicked on check swith ... this is what i get.

Sat input 1 ...
port 1, sat 119, trans OK, Devices Twin
port 2, sat 110, trans OK, Devices Twin
port 3, sat 129, trans OK, Devices N.C.
Sat input 2 ...
same as above.

out of SUPERDISH and Alternate, SUPERDISH is checked.

Ok, I asked ya to run the check switch mainly to see what switch/lnb combination you had, to see if you had a DP34 switch or something like that already. You don't.
To add the 61.5 satellite in there you will need a second dish (either 300 or 500) with a DP lnb. You will also need a DPP44 switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)