How can I use my outside cable box to install my triple LNB dish at my house?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

frustratedvegas

Original poster
Apr 10, 2010
Las Vegas
Hello everyone. A friend recommended you to me for my issue. They said that you guys are the best. I greatly appreciate any assistance that anyone can provide. Here is my problem. I have a directv 3LNB dish. When it was installed, the installer ran actual RG6 cable through the walls and around the house (on the inside, stapling the cable to the interior painted walls). We have a cable box on the outside of the house that it could have been tied into.

In my cable box outside, I have the master wire, running into a splitter that is connected to two cables. These two cables run into three outlets in the house (living room, two bedrooms). Yes, that is two cables running to three outlets in the house. I have identified which cables go to which outlets.

I now only use one directv receiver in our living room and canceled the other two. Part of the problem is I have cable modem service from our local provider. I want to run the triple LNB into the cable box and get rid of the visible cables stapled to the walls in the house. But I need to keep the cable modem service. How can I do this?

Hello everyone. A friend recommended you to me for my issue. They said that you guys are the best. I greatly appreciate any assistance that anyone can provide. Here is my problem. I have a directv 3LNB dish. When it was installed, the installer ran actual RG6 cable through the walls and around the house (on the inside, stapling the cable to the interior painted walls). We have a cable box on the outside of the house that it could have been tied into.

In my cable box outside, I have the master wire, running into a splitter that is connected to two cables. These two cables run into three outlets in the house (living room, two bedrooms). Yes, that is two cables running to three outlets in the house. I have identified which cables go to which outlets.

I now only use one directv receiver in our living room and canceled the other two. Part of the problem is I have cable modem service from our local provider. I want to run the triple LNB into the cable box and get rid of the visible cables stapled to the walls in the house. But I need to keep the cable modem service. How can I do this?

Without running new cables, you can't. The cable signals will interfere with the Directv signals. They have to be on different cables.

if your living room has its own feed ... use it for you dtv... leave the other cables alone ...it really depends on where your modem is & if it is split off the living room line ....... usually the cable comp uses a white line for the modem & or splits it off the main line before the tv cables

Any splitter in the run that will be used for the D* connection will need to be removed, can't run D* service thru splitters on the feed side of the recvr.

This may also help,

The minimum you need is a continuous coaxial cable from the dish to the receiver per receiver.

For your use one line will do. All the extra lines could be removed and you would still have Directv service.

Know that diplexing ..... (a technique for using the same cable for two services) .......cable internet and Directv has had problems. Plan to run independent parallel lines to support your needs.

Joe

Last edited:
Thank you to everyone for your suggestions and feedback. My friend was correct. You guys are the best. I have been totally perplexed by this issue. Many thanks to everyone for your support. One question, if I get rid of the cable modem service, can I then use a multi switch to run the triple LNB lines into the lines that currently are used for the cable modem? Since the cable service would be canceled, would the exsisting lines work for the directv?

Thank you to everyone for your suggestions and feedback. My friend was correct. You guys are the best. I have been totally perplexed by this issue. Many thanks to everyone for your support. One question, if I get rid of the cable modem service, can I then use a multi switch to run the triple LNB lines into the lines that currently are used for the cable modem? Since the cable service would be canceled, would the exsisting lines work for the directv?

As long as they are straight runs with no splitters, they should work fine. That is, if the cables are RG6 and not RG59.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)