How can you check to see if you can get it...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

volntitan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
I am setting Directv service for about 5 different households. Before I order the equipment, I wanted to make sure everyone can recieve the HD signal (including the new satellites). Is there a way that they can go out and make sure they have a good line of sight without having to hire someone to come out? Any kind of rule of thumb or primer would be awesome...

I am setting Directv service for about 5 different households. Before I order the equipment, I wanted to make sure everyone can recieve the HD signal (including the new satellites). Is there a way that they can go out and make sure they have a good line of sight without having to hire someone to come out? Any kind of rule of thumb or primer would be awesome...

You need a Clear View from the Southern sky.Otherwise from the spot where you are going to put the dish there can't be any trees or bushes blocking the view to the dish.Good Luck!:) :welcome

Thanks. Is there a way to take a compass and based on your zip code be able to tell if you have a direct clear view of the satellites?

Yes, you need a heading compass, similar to the one attached, set/aim to the correct heading and eyeball around 45° (depends on your location as well) up from the horizon. It is a generalized best guess method without a great expense. In 15 years I have never had any trouble with this method.

What is your zip and likely dish to be used and maybe we can give you some exacts.

Attachments

• mapcompass1.jpg
    mapcompass1.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 160
my zip is 37064 and we will be using the AU9.

Thanks for your help!!

Hey, just to know, what do you mean by "setting service for about 5 different households"? Maybe knowing exactly what you are trying to do will help us, help you.

We are setting up a commercial account and our clients are at differenct houses.

I think I got the dish number right...the AU9 is the one that will work with the new satellites, correct?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)