How did I bridge 110, 119, and 129 satellites?

choad_warrior

Original poster
Oct 13, 2009
texas
I bought an old dishnetwork 1000 with the dual 110-119 lnb and a separate 129 lnb to use with my travel trailer. How do I bridge the three satellites together to receive all my channels on one receiver? Do I need to buy a switch? I am hooking it up to a vip211.

The original 1000 had a short length of coax that runs from the single LNB (129) to the input port of the DPP Twin (110, 119). As I remember the original piece was about 30" and ran down the arm, around the skew adjustment and then back up the arm.

Miner

:welcome

"the dual 110-119 lnb" - This is a Twin. 110 and 119 each have an LNB, and there is also an internal switch. The one that came with the original Dish 1000 is the DishPro Plus Twin. This version has 2 outputs on one side for 2 receivers, and an input on the other side for a 3rd LNB.

"a separate 129 lnb" - this is likely a DP Dual, one LNB with 2 outputs (a Single is the same but with 1 output). Run a line from either output to the LNB In on the DPP Twin. The design called for, IIRC, a 5'(?) length of RG6 looped around the dish to avoid sharp bends and stressing the connectors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)