How did the April 1 Upgrade work for you

How much better was the special number than normal upgrade

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At least I didn't have to explain what kind of promotion I was calling about.
The lady who answered the call knew all the detailes and that saved time for both of us! :up

Again.... it was great to talk to someone in this country (I think) who knew about the promotion and was helpful. I really appreciated DISH providing a special number for us forum members here and elsewhere. Smart move. Hope they learn from this and follow a similar example.

This special number certainly seemed better than most Dish CSR phone calls. The guy I spoke to seemed to know everything that he needed to know. Went into great detail on all the ins-and-outs, the packages, etc. Got me all set up with absolutely no problems. (The computer system did not have me down as having a 2nd dish pointing to 61.5, but when I told him that was already installed & in use, he knew that that had to be the case for me to be getting the HD channels & Voom here in VA).

Earliest that they could install was a Saturday (Apr 22), but I put it off til the next Wed (Apr 26) since that was better for me - said I should get the 622 shipped to me 10 days prior to the install date....will be tough to wait for an "unnecessary" install......

Cold Irons said:
will be tough to wait for an "unnecessary" install......

Your telling me!! I installed my own 942 the first time and when that box went bad and they shipped me the second...installed that one as well. I think it took 3 minutes.

First four calls to the "special number" were dropped after it sounded like it was x-ferring me. 5th call finally worked. From the first dropped call to the final successful call took an hour and 15 minutes. Little bit frustrating. 4/22 install.

Last edited:
I voted for "better than other method" only because it got me right through to someone (Cindy) that knew about the program. She was NOT very well informed about the equipment, however. She actually tried to talk me out of upgrading from my 921 because "the 622 only has one HD tuner!" I referred her to the sat boards to read reviews from actual users, so she would know more about the product she was selling (leasing). Install date 4/14.

Brad

The day I called in (Satruday) went ok, but subsequent follow-up calls to 1) Add/remove locals 2) Verify dish type installed is not going well--been on hold for almost an hour because first they say I can't get DISH 1000 unless I order my locals, then they say, ok--you don't need your Dish pointed at 61.5 anymore, even though that means I won't get the Pentagon channel.

So, it seems the CSR's are not agreeing on the type of DISH I get installed, when I see everywhere that the $299 INCLUDES the DISH 1000.

Well, the 2nd CSR was so confused about the DISH 1000 that he lost my initial install date of Apr 10, which we needed because we will be gone for an extended period of time starting 'Apr 15 and can't be at home to either receive the 622 or have it installed. SO much for that--well, I may as well wait until May then--so what will the offers be then? For 942 leasors?

I have had two excellent experiences in a row with dish. Two weeks ago I bought a 622 and got to someone in advanced tech just by the luck of the draw. She was as excited that I knew what I was doing as I was that she did. I got the 622 activated in lieu of an 811 and upgraded to DishHD Platinum in about 10 min. I could have had a 4/11 install but I opted for 4/15 Sat. Total time was about 5 min.

gutter said:
Your telling me!! I installed my own 942 the first time and when that box went bad and they shipped me the second...installed that one as well. I think it took 3 minutes.
I wonder what happens if you install the 622 yourself.... I am scheduled for the 23, but I know that I am not gonna wait. It is stupid to have the installer to come out, all I am doing is a swap with the 942... We'll see.

Last edited:
dimi1963 said:
I wonder what happens if you install the 622 yourself.... I am scheduled for the 23, but I know that I am not gonna wait. It is stupid to have the installer to come out, all I am doing is a swap with the 942... We'll see.
Others have posted that if they try to activate before the install date, they will cancel the install.
However I think I read here, that this may cause you some warranty issues. With the 622 having some returns for faulty devices, this may be a risk you wish to avoid.

My 622 is scheduled to arrive today. I got the tracking number yesterday from the person that assisted me. They sent it Next Day. Not an empty box (checked the weight). They are sending me a label since I still have the original box.

Ok, so how did some folks get installs sooner than 3 weeks? When I called at 7am PST on 4/1, they said it had to be a minimum of 3 weeks? What gives?

I called on 4/1 and got a 4/11 install date, but I don't know whether I will have the receiver. I just called Dish to see whether my receiver has shipped yet and get a tracking number, but the representative said that the installer will bring it with him on 4/11. I've seen many posts with people saying they have been told the same thing but that the receivers are always sent seperately. What happens if I wait until 4/11 and the installer shows up with no receiver?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts