How did we survivie???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh its calories IN (eating) vs calories out (activity)

3400 calories is about a pound for the average person but some are above or below that number....

I am a kinda expert on weight gain I had weight loss surgery. BIG success for me. 5 years ago july

6 meals a day as opposed to 3 does work for weight control, when my wife was pregnant with our daughter she found out she had gestational diabetes and had to eat 6 meals a day though they were smaller and designed to minimize sugar uptake. An intended effect of this diet also brought about weight loss and she lost 8lbs while pregnant.

Sit her down next to someone else thats eating 3 meals a day and she will not gain weight and will be healthier specialy if the other person is just eating any ol thing. The reason for 6 smaller meals is to convince your body that its not starving as you would find in someone who maybe eats once or twice a day. Our bodies will make changes to protect itsself that we have no control over and fat storage is one of them.

Van said:
Our bodies will make changes to protect itsself that we have no control over and fat storage is one of them.

I hate when someone says that they have no control. You have total control, your body reacts to what you do with it. You see someone who's visibly fat, and someone who's ripped, and ask them their daily diet/exercise routine. Guaranteed that they're different.

BTW, 3400 calories is a lot more than a pound. That's a lot of calories. The average person who works 8 hours a day and that is their major exercise in a day needs less than 2000 to maintain weight. If I ate 3400 calories a day i'd gain 3 pounds a day, and that's with a 40 minute bike ride & walking around at work...

mkatts- A-men to all you said. That was not only entertaining but absolutly DEAD- ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

squirrelguy said:
mkatts- A-men to all you said. That was not only entertaining but absolutly DEAD- ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't give me to much credit for it! I got it in yet another dumb "mass mailed" email from a freind. I do not forward jokes out, but this one struck me as funny! :up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts