How did you spend your Saturday?

I spent my Saturday portioning off my chicken coupe for some babies we bought last week. And now my girls finally want to start sitting on their eggs. I guess baby fever is real in all walks of life.

I spent my Saturday holed away in my house avoiding the smoke from the forest fires 100 miles away. :(

We finally had a day with decent weather. I thought it was a good day to go outside and play.

Here is what I started with.........

Take one of those struts and relocate it straight back to the stud the mast is lagged into. You'll end up with a extremely stable mount, both vertically and horizontally.

I watched the contractors I paid to fix my porch and expand it to make it bigger put on the primer and first coat of paint . Also watched them fix my flashing on my porch roof and fix some shingles that were torn or missing from the new extension add on. Tomorrow they finish the painting and then skirt the bottom of my porch to match my manufactured house(trailer). I can't wait to put all my new patio furniture I bought from Amazon out on my new porch ,after I assemble it tomorrow afternoon.

Who made your house, do you know? I was in the manufactured housing industry many moons ago.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Who made your house, do you know? I was in the manufactured housing industry many moons ago.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
It was a Belmont made in 1995 and I paid it off in 2008 right before the Great Recession hit. Used my wife and my 401ks at the state . You could take a loan out as long as you had a thousand dollars in it, and you paid yourself back with interest. I withdrew about $9500.00 in total and paid off the house with it. Which was good because everyone that had any money in their 401ks when the recession hit ,lost just bout all their value.

Reactions: charlesrshell
It was a Belmont made in 1995 and I paid it off in 2008 right before the Great Recession hit. Used my wife and my 401ks at the state . You could take a loan out as long as you had a thousand dollars in it, and you paid yourself back with interest. I withdrew about $9500.00 in total and paid off the house with it. Which was good because everyone that had any money in their 401ks when the recession hit ,lost just bout all their value.

That house would have been made in Belmont, Mississippi. I used to work for (for a little while) the company that bought Belmont out in 1997, Cavalier Homes of Addison, Ala. I worked in insurance and workers compensation for them for a while years ago. Belmont would be about 70 miles to the northwest of here. They had three plants at Belmont and one in Clarksdale, Miss. All of them are gone now.
At one time about 18 years ago, there were about 25 manufactured home plants in the county I live in (Marion County, Ala) and neighboring Winston County had probably about 15-20. There might be 5 or 6 left in both counties now. Most all have shut down or have been bought out by Clayton.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: MikeD-C05
and you wonder why you got fired..... Payback is a bitch... ;)

I had far more stolen from me than I managed to steal from them.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but it's far worse when it's a multi billion dollar corporation stealing money from you that you need to put food on your families table.

You wouldn't believe the number of people watching and paying for Dish Network, that Dish did not compensate the dealer for the sale.

I had a buddy of mine who literally paid a girl $30,000 per year just to track down all the money Dish would screw him out of on a yearly basis.

He let her go after she was only able to recover about $25,000 one year.

His logic was that it was cheaper to just let Dish continue to steal from him, then it was to try to pay someone to recover the money that was actually owed.

That's pretty dam sad when you think about it.

There was a retailer class action lawsuit which as a member of the class I received $16,000. If I got only $16,000 as a settlement, how much more do you think they actually stole that they got away with?

Reactions: Stargazer
I had far more stolen from me than I managed to steal from them.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but it's far worse when it's a multi billion dollar corporation stealing money from you that you need to put food on your families table.

You wouldn't believe the number of people watching and paying for Dish Network, that Dish did not compensate the dealer for the sale.

I had a buddy of mine who literally paid a girl $30,000 per year just to track down all the money Dish would screw him out of on a yearly basis.

He let her go after she was only able to recover about $25,000 one year.

His logic was that it was cheaper to just let Dish continue to steal from him, then it was to try to pay someone to recover the money that was actually owed.

That's pretty dam sad when you think about it.

There was a retailer class action lawsuit which as a member of the class I received $16,000. If I got only $16,000 as a settlement, how much more do you think they actually stole that they got away with?
you sound like real smart business people, now go away and count your money

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)