How difficult is it to tune in a Slim line SWM 5 dish with HR44?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Satman99

Original poster
Oct 3, 2013
mb
Hey Guys

I ve been reading some of the forms/threads and it seems that if you want to do a self install & tune in a slim line SWM5 dish with a HR44 without the use of a birddog or other more expensive satellite signal meter that it is fairly difficult. I setup and installed my SD D12 receiver and dish without any problems and I know it is a lot easier to do that. But has anyone here installed/tuned in a swm5 dish with an HR44 and just used the HR44 as the signal meter without any pro install person or use of an expensive sat finder meter? I read some threads/forms that say you should tune in your swm5 before you even hook it up to your HR44. I was just assuming that I could use an HR 44 as signal meter to tune in my SWM5 dish or am I out to lunch on this one? I picked up 8 month old SWM5 dish from an estate sale last weekend and wanted to get a HR44 and install and tune in everything myself. Can you use a cheap SF-95 sat finder(950-2300mhz) to tune in an SWM5 with a power inserter etc or will this setup not work? I guess I just would like some feedback before I go out and buy a HR44. Please let me know what has work for others in the past with trying to install an swm5 dish without all the expensive sat meters etc?

Thanks,
Satman

Aligning a dish without a meter is very doable, but not necessarily easy. You need at least a compass to determine the azimuth heading. A smart phone app with a satellite finder is a good idea. You also will likely need some patience as it can be frustrating to gain the original signal. Once you do it's not that bad. There are many threads here describing the overall process.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts