How Dish is paying it's lawyers fees... $599 damaged rcvr fee!

bryanw20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
So if ya'll remember I had 3 or 4 bad 622's in a row during Bowl season :mad:
So I finally got one to stay running w/o rebooting every 30 seconds.

Then I also jumped on the $.01 Cinemax deal so now I have CC AutoPay

So now 2 months later I have a $688 bill!!!!!! :eek:
DAMAGED RECEIVER FEE 599.00

So I flip out, call Dish, the foreign girl tries to explain it's a damaged receiver fee.
DUH I can read!
She says let me check on it, a few min later. It says here dent in chasis (took me 3 repeats to understand her)
I say it left my hands the same condition I recieved it in 2 days eariler, if it was damaged in transit, in your packaging, you need to file insurance with UPS!
We can't do that, you need to call and file a claim.
:eek: What?! Me call?! I don't have a tracking number, insurance number, nothing! And I've been in shipping bussiness long enough to know the shipper needs to file!
She offeres to get the tracking number... Which reciever is it, I show 3 sent out.
Uhhh how would I know you charged me!
Honld on.... Let me transfer you to tech support, they will finish this call.

So I get dumped into the automated system, finally get an agent, I said I got transfered to you because I have a $599 damaged receiver fee I need resolved.
"OK"Click.
Hung up on! :mad: :mad:

So I call back! At least I can understand this girl. Re-explain, she puts me on actual hold not just pausing like #1 did, she comes back and says they reversed the charge to reflect on your next bill as a credit.
I say I need a refund not a credit!
She says sorry it needs 24hrs to process before we can request a refund.

So we'll see what happens.

Only 52 days left until I can cancel! Just after I was getting over the sores of the multiple reciever issues and decided I might stay after the contract is over.

Now not a chance!

BUD Here I come! $10-20/mo for only the channels I watch!

I cringe every time I have to call Dish about any problem. That is why I will use the chat.

It helps keep my blood pressure down.:)

Why is it that on the forums I read, it never fails that there are always some product owners that experience 3-4 bad units in a row, while the majority of other owners never have even one major problem? 622, PS3, Onkyo 805, etc., etc. All these people must all have the same luck karma (i.e., BAD!!!!!).

Have you been charged it yet? I would call my credit card company and request that they don't pay the automated payment for DISH for this month.

Hey In a matter of months i churned thru 7 model 721s tuner failures bad refurbs, bad software. one box got into endless reboot because software had no max on number of events, but would cause endles reboot if you exceeded a pre defined number no one knew:(

I feel for you....... it sucked

poster blamed me, but it wasnt. had 4 721s sitting in a row at one time, '
\
finally found the software didnt like dishpro LNBs, fixed in the next software upgrade........

local dealer refused outright to sell me a LNB, then said 200 bucks since i wasnt one of his customers:( opening niite of new season drove across town gor a regulr lnb for 30 bucks ..........

Thanks for the tips advise. I plan on calling today to see what happens. My father in law talked about Charlie all the time, he used to be a dealer, from way back in the 80's when Charlie was still 'new'. Wonder how Charlie feels about CS now? I guess it's just about the buck.

Not much HD available on BUD to home users.
May be not, but I don't have to pay $90 to get the dozen chanels I want to watch, Pic Quality used to be better, but even BUD has gone digital. I will miss the DVR, but will be happy to get a real Tivo, not a 'better than Tivo, that's not really!

Why is it that on the forums I read, it never fails that there are always some product owners that experience 3-4 bad units in a row, while the majority of other owners never have even one major problem? 622, PS3, Onkyo 805, etc., etc. All these people must all have the same luck karma (i.e., BAD!!!!!).
Guss I do, bad boxes, then a $599 dent! :(
I suspect there was some software bug as they were constant rebooting, alto every tech said plug it into another power outlet. WTF is that going to do?!

Email ceo@echostar.com and explain things to them.

In your message let them know your a SatelliteGuys member and expect to be taken care of.

Let us know how you make out
Thanks, if not resloved later today, I will!

Why is it that on the forums I read, it never fails that there are always some product owners that experience 3-4 bad units in a row, while the majority of other owners never have even one major problem?
I think in those rare cases, the hardware itself isn't to blame....

Sometimes it's that they use features of the device that others normally don't (e.g. HDMI port).

I just did a swap/return on a 622 that had a hard disk crash after 18 months. The HDMI port never worked but I didn't bother returning it for that. Let me see if they try to pull the same crap on me that they did with the OP.

OP, I feel for your bad luck. I had two 622's die on me and each time they charged me $599, even though I sent them back. I talked till blue in the face to CSR's. They said they would credit my account. I think they say that so they can get you off the line. Did not happen until I did what Scott suggested, write to CEO@echostar.com, then bingo problem fixed.

OP, I feel for your bad luck. I had two 622's die on me and each time they charged me $599, even though I sent them back. I talked till blue in the face to CSR's. They said they would credit my account. I think they say that so they can get you off the line. Did not happen until I did what Scott suggested, write to CEO@echostar.com, then bingo problem fixed.

Well I tried the chat last night, the immediatly told me to call and said anything else? no bye! So not a good start.
But I called, got english speaking rep. Said I simply want a refund for the credit for the fee. He paused while he read the book of entries on my account. Apologized and said hold while he checks with a sup. Came back and said it'll be refunded in 7-10 days, but he's sending an e-mail to someone to see if it can be expedited (sorry don't recall the dept he mentioned).

So we'll have to wait and see.

But only about 50 days to go.
Anyone know where to get a good deal on a HD Tivo or 2?

I believe this industry has some of the worst customer service in the world. It doesn't matter which company. E*, D*, cable or whatever. They are all insultingly horrible. One of the reasons I switched to E* a while back is because I was furious with D* customer service, only to find out that E* is just as bad if not worse. It's just something you have to be prepared for and accept it and learn some tricks to make it a little easier. I'm no audiovisual tech wizard at all but I know more than 98% of the so called technical CS reps. I usually end up educating them instead of getting any real help. Well at least with the drop of the dollars value we will bring the CS positions back to the U.S. because it will be as cheap or cheaper labor than outsourcing to foreign nations. Thanks George Bush. Maybe that was the plan all along to bring the jobs back home.:hungry:

I believe this industry has some of the worst customer service in the world. It doesn't matter which company. E*, D*, cable or whatever. They are all insultingly horrible. One of the reasons I switched to E* a while back is because I was furious with D* customer service, only to find out that E* is just as bad if not worse. It's just something you have to be prepared for and accept it and learn some tricks to make it a little easier. I'm no audiovisual tech wizard at all but I know more than 98% of the so called technical CS reps. I usually end up educating them instead of getting any real help. Well at least with the drop of the dollars value we will bring the CS positions back to the U.S. because it will be as cheap or cheaper labor than outsourcing to foreign nations. Thanks George Bush. Maybe that was the plan all along to bring the jobs back home.:hungry:

Nah..... I have had MUCH worse with cell phone carriers.

My 622's hard drive took a dump a couple months ago and I got it replaced with out issue. Even free shipping.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)