How do I add a 3rd Dish ?

Dune

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 2, 2004
Kailua Kona, HI
I currently have 2 dishes (119 and 110) using legacy lbnf's and two SW21's to feed two receivers.
I am going to try and add a third dish to try and pick up the 129 sat.

My intent is to buy a 622 and get rid of my 501 and 811. The incoming lines are feeding the receivers side by side so I can hook up the 622 easily.

Can someone please help me determine what switches and or other items I might need to pull this off?.

I am in Hawaii, so that's why I need 3 dishes.

Thanks, Dune

Personally, I would recommend replacing the legacy lnbfs with Dish Pro ones. Then install the third dish (again with a Dish Pro Dual LNBF). Combine the whole setup with a DP34 switch and you will be able to feed up to 4 tuners. If you want to only run a single line to the 622 use a DP+44 instead of the DP34.

I really doubt you will be able to pick up 129 in hawaii, we can barely receive it on the west coast

If you want to try it just get a dpp twin lnb, it has an input on it for a 3rd sat.
You would only need 1 line to the 622 , use a dp seperator, then use the 2nd line to feed your 811 for a 2nd tv

Last edited:
Jordan420..he CANT use a DPPTwin. As he noted, he needs a separate dish for each satellite slot so Twin's/Quads wont work

jordae, do what kinser said. Swap out the Legacy LNB's for Dish Pro. Then you can have 3 satellite slots going up to 4 reciever inputs :)

But if your adament about staying with Legacy products, get a couple SW21X (Microyal makes them). This will allow you to cascade 3 satellites together. you CANT use 2 SW21's in conjunction, but a SW21X (to combine 110 & 119) and a SW21 (to add 129) will work.

Iceberg said:
Jordan420..he CANT use a DPPTwin. As he noted, he needs a separate dish for each satellite slot so Twin's/Quads wont work

jordae, do what kinser said. Swap out the Legacy LNB's for Dish Pro. Then you can have 3 satellite slots going up to 4 reciever inputs :)

But if your adament about staying with Legacy products, get a couple SW21X (Microyal makes them). This will allow you to cascade 3 satellites together. you CANT use 2 SW21's in conjunction, but a SW21X (to combine 110 & 119) and a SW21 (to add 129) will work.
Or a SW64 is the official route for 3 satellites on a Legacy system, but I think a switch to Dish Pro might be cheaper and more reliable.:)

I thought the SW64 had to be mounted inside (just figured if he has the SW21's outside it would be easier to do it SW21x/SW21 route)

It sounds like I should bite the bullet and go DishPro.

Any good suggestions on where to pick up a 36" dish?

jordae, what kind of signal strength are you getting? I'm in Kona on the Big Island.

dune,about 75 transponder 11.Call a retailer on oahu i think it's dish tv hawaii,also dishnetwork is not turning on the voom channels for hawaii at this moment,don't ask me why cause i don't know.if i were you i'll just wait.

I'll have to look it up. It's been a while. (legacy)

Seems that an sw21x will allow adding a 3rd dish to your sw21s. :) Its not supported be E*, think it's a microroyal product

inwo said:
I'll have to look it up. It's been a while. (legacy)

Seems that an sw21x will allow adding a 3rd dish to your sw21s. :) Its not supported be E*, think it's a microroyal product

I mentioned that a few hours ago :)

iceberg said:
But if your adament about staying with Legacy products, get a couple SW21X (Microyal makes them). This will allow you to cascade 3 satellites together. you CANT use 2 SW21's in conjunction, but a SW21X (to combine 110 & 119) and a SW21 (to add 129) will work

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)