How do I find businesses (Bars or restaurants) in my area that carry Dish network?

The wife and I are talking about a relocation from AZ to Virginia.

Amusing fact. My sis just took off from Bristol, VA to move to Prescott, AZ.
We do not know anybody there...

Navychop and I live in northern VA. I think Geronimo does as well. Riffjim maybe does too, but I think he's farther south. The cost of housing is pretty high the nearer you go to DC.

Last edited:
The only time I go to the Walden Gonorrhea these days is for Jack Astors. I park as close as I can to the entrance of the mall as I can, and go in to eat and leave. That mall scares me, especially when the sun goes down. I do not feel safe there and I do not believe they support CCW so I will never patronize that establishment outside of Jack Astor’s for fear of my own safety. Ever since 2009 when I was present for a pretty scary incident at the Target next door, I am very vigilant when in that area. It’s undeniable that Buffalo is the armpit of the state and being so close to the East Side it’s even worse. Plus it’s apparent that Pyramid Corp, the owners don’t care about mall safety as every few years they seem to have a spat with the Cheektowaga PD about patrolling the mall. Those heroes deserve $100 bucks an hour to risk their lives to patrol that dump. I can’t believe our Chick Fil A will be across the street, I will go there for that, but only in the daylight hours.
Sounds pretty dramatic, my friend. I was there last year, day and night - bought my new glasses at Lens Crafters, walked around the mall for old time's sake and ate at Jack Astors.

Tell you a story. When my oldest daughter was born, in 2005, I had to work - I was selling Home Improvements at the time - and was running late the day we were going to the hospital so her mother could be induced. She was at 41 weeks. Our favorite place was Olive Garden and she needed to eat before we went to Children's Hospital. Earlier that day, her contractions had started, but too far a part to worry about it. It was a Friday night - so everything was packed.

I went into the hostess station and explained we needed to get right in because my GF was in labor and needed to eat before we went to the Hospital, and they thought I was lying, no matter how much I tried to explain. So we went to Astor's - our 2nd favorite place - and they got us right in, got her fed quickly and were just awesome! Ever since then, it's been my on top of my list.

My family is from TorC... lol. I have spent my literal childhood there over summer and winter breaks. With the Elephant Butte lake. I hate going now, it is a method town. Use to be a quaint old town, previously known as Hot Springs, NM.

The wife and I are talking about a relocation from AZ to Virginia. We do not know anybody there, I know nothing about the state, and I want to be within driving distance of DC. To be honest, I want to be close to my friend in Arlington.

We can certainly share our knowledge with you.

First, it’s nine tenths of certain that you don’t want to live in DC.

Arlington i$ a lovely place. Uncheap.

If you are going to work inside the beltway, or close to it, or travel there much, do not choose to live down I-95, south of the beltway. That commute is horrendous, both on I-95 and then on the inner beltway each morning. There are less expensive places to live down there, and Fredericksburg has much to offer, but the traffic isn’t worth it.

West of the beltway is I-66. Traffic can get heavy there too, but there are many choices and options for living out to the west.

I live across from George Mason University. My commute is 30-45 minutes each morning to go maybe 13 miles. Not bad for this area.

I personally like the Metro. Better than driving and parking in DC. MANY things to see downtown. You can never see all the museums. If you went to all of them, you could start over because they rotate collections. And the botanical gardens. All free.

If you like aerospace, go to the Udvar Hazy Museum near Dulles. It’s free. But the parking is like $15.

I look forward to retirement so we can see a lot we currently don’t have time for.

Ask us any questions about areas to live or things to do.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: charlesrshell
Well, we would not live in DC. We are wanting driving distance to DC and a beach. Considering work, we are looking hard. She is telling me now she is building a life here. Fml. Lol. I think she might agree to the suburbs outside Raleigh, NC.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Cary is nice.

Near DC -AND- a beach? Well, I don’t recommend MD. Ocean City is nice, but getting in and out of there is a traffic nightmare.

You could go south of the beltway and then east, if the Chesapeake Bay is sufficient.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!