How do I get 2 uhf remotes to work with a 942?

cobalt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 19, 2004
Just got my 942 today and I want to use 2 uhf remotes with it. How do I change the remote one from only seeing rf? I can find the settings in the system info screen but I can't change the setting. BTW - I recieved my 942 today and it had a d.o.a. hard drive. Everything else works ok. Just wont be able to record any programs until my new one arrives. Do you think dish will require an installer to come out just to unhook the wires on the old one and hook them up to the new one? Thanks :rolleyes:

Why not check out the "942 Return" thread posted by MichaelG on page 2 of this index.

There are also several theads on 942 remotes - but you have take some of your time and look.

or if you just go through the menu, and i cant remember, it's probably either under "installation" or "preference" there is an option that says "tv 1 uhf pro" or something to that effect.
select that, choose "enable" then it will let you change the remote codes so that they don't mess with each other... if you need to know how to change the remote code on the remote, check the threads, i'm sure someone has already discussed it... if not, post again, and when i have more time i'll go into that.

I've tried everything but nothing works. I was on the line with advanced tech yesterday for 20 minutes and she finally said it was scheduled for a future update and wasn't functional right now. Just don't understand how some people are getting it to work?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)