How do I get my Satellites back

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

davidathome

Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
I have D* HD DVR, Samsung HD Receiver, and a standard RCA receiver all running off of a Zinwell SAM 4803 4X8 multi switch. All was working OK until I decided to add a connection for SAT 2 input for the HD DVR. I tried to piggy back the second Satellite signal on the cable carrying my OFF air using a pair of those special (diplexer??) combiners and splitters, but the quality of the OFF air Signal was degraded too much so I finally located a free connection I could use so all would be direct connections. But now I have lost even transponder signals from B satellite and all signals from C satellite! Did making and breaking all those connections somehow fry my multiswitch? How can I check this out and/or reset the switch if it is simply "confused"?. Connections to both HD receivers have been affected and the multiswitch seems a little warm although I did not pay attention to the temperature of the switch before hand!

Thanks for your suggestions.

It is best to unplug all receivers from AC power before making such adjustments, failure to do so could result in a 'fried' lnb.

Try removing all receivers but one, and connect it directly to the dish (bypass the switch), if they are still not working, you may have damaged the lnb, if by bypassing the switch it works fine, then you may have a multiswitch issue.

I still receive Satellite A signals, it's just B and C that are missing. I have 4 cables coming from my dish to the switch-- which do I use to bypass the switch?

Assuming it is a PhaseIII dish, the original design intent is to have each of those 4 lines from the dish goto one tuner each, so just hook one from dish to receiver, it doesn't matter which one.

tahe out the diplexer and put the system back the way it was then post back. after you reboot the hd IRD. with the older rca it wont matter.

Diplexers are removed and I have bypassed the multiswitch, (did this while all receivers were powerd down and disconnected from power). I hooked up each of the 4 inputs from the satellite to my Samsung HD receiver to check their signal. Looks like my Satellite C is still missing signal and checking the signal strength on B is giving me signal on the odd transponders BUT I get an error message "Wrong Satellite" when the meter registers.

Conclusion: switch is not the problem.

My guess is I've lost 1 or 2 LNB's.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)