How do I get out of my contract?

ljjr02

Original poster
Jan 19, 2006
I thought I was doing the right thing by going with dish network instead of direct TV. But I found out very quickly that I was WRONG. A Dish Network technician told me that if I upgraded to the dish 1000 system I would not need to get a second dish antennae installed, and that I would get CBS in hi-def. because the new antennae would come with 3 lnb's and not 2. Well I paid the money to UPGRADE to the 1000 system and added the HD Pack. Guess what? Still no CBS in hi-def. When I called the CSR (who by the way was a JERK!) to find out why I wasn't getting CBS in hi-def, his reply was "Oh, you need a second dish antennae" After going round and round with them to cancel, they told me that I signed an 18 month contract, and that it would be a $250 cancellation fee. I finally got them to send me a copy of the contract, and the signature on the contract was FORGED! I've had dish network for 2 months and I really would like to get out of my contract but don't know how. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Yep, but remember filing a false police report is a crime too. So, don't just make an accusation you can't back up. Get your facts in order and contact ceo@echostar.com to start. Plead your case in a civil manner, possibly ask for a phone call to discuss it and see if something can be worked out.

Also, how do you know you even qualified for CBS-HD?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts