How Do I know if the motor is broken

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sportsman

Original poster
Jan 23, 2009
Terre Haute, IN
Yea I know it is a stupid question but I am a newbie...

I have a DMSI GS2100 motor and a sonic view 360 elite reciever. The motor is brand new out of the box. I can not get the motor to move at all. To simplify things to make sure I did not do something stupid, I ran the coax from the back of my reciever to the motor with a 3 foot piece of coax.

I set up the satelite settings to activate the motor and the green light came on on the motor. There is a manual button on the motor so I tried to make the motor move that way. I pressed the button and I can hear a soft click (only one) and no movement. I pressed the button twice and holding it on the second click and I heard another soft click but no motion.

When I tried to move the motor with the reciever the light turn orange for about a second and then turns green with no movement. I also here the single soft click like I did manually but no movement.

After all that I pressed and held the reset button. The green light cycled to orange and to green again. I powered off the motor, started everything up again. I repeated trying to move the motor manually and automatically with no movement.

I did look at the limits and they are set at 70 degrees plus and minus so I eliminated that one. I also set the limits in the receiver to off.

Is the motor bad? Help.

Yea I know it is a stupid question but I am a newbie...

I have a DMSI GS2100 motor and a sonic view 360 elite reciever. The motor is brand new out of the box. I can not get the motor to move at all. To simplify things to make sure I did not do something stupid, I ran the coax from the back of my reciever to the motor with a 3 foot piece of coax.

I set up the satelite settings to activate the motor and the green light came on on the motor. There is a manual button on the motor so I tried to make the motor move that way. I pressed the button and I can hear a soft click (only one) and no movement. I pressed the button twice and holding it on the second click and I heard another soft click but no motion.

When I tried to move the motor with the reciever the light turn orange for about a second and then turns green with no movement. I also here the single soft click like I did manually but no movement.

After all that I pressed and held the reset button. The green light cycled to orange and to green again. I powered off the motor, started everything up again. I repeated trying to move the motor manually and automatically with no movement.

I did look at the limits and they are set at 70 degrees plus and minus so I eliminated that one. I also set the limits in the receiver to off.

Is the motor bad? Help.

The green light means the motor isn't tripped. If it over currents the orange light comes on. To reset any problme, power off the receiver and then hold both buttons down on the motor, while holding the buttons down power back up the receiver and continue to hold the buttons on the motor for about 15 seconds and then release.

Which option of motor control are you using, Usals or Diseqc control? Also what you said about pressing the button on the motor and you heard the click but no motor movement. Had this happen before, means the motor is tripped. Try resetting as I discribed. Your backlash adjustment maybe set to tight. There is a pdf file somewhere in this forum showing how to adjust the backlash on this motor. I will try and find the thread.

if you haven't tried a second coax cable , try that first

Sounds like he tried a second cable when he went to the 3 foot cable. Usually a green light on the motor states it isnt tripped out on current. But his statement that the motor when he pushes either the east or west manual button just hears a click but no movement sounds like it is tripped or the backlash is set to tight. I am leaning toward a defective motor myself.

I had my sg2100 motor that I adjusted the backlash a little to tight, it tripped out, would drive one direcetion only to the west but if selected by the receiver or manual east it would just hear the click and no movement. I loosened the backlash and reset the motor by powering off the receiver first, then pressed and held both buttons on the motor first, then turned the receiver back on. I continued to hold both buttons on the motor for 15 seconds and then released them. This reset the motor and has worked ever since.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)