How do I know when Sky Angel is activated?

stevet96

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 7, 2004
With Voom being shut down, I went ahead and bought a used Dish Network 6000 receiver and have activated it via the Sky Angel website. The website then mentions that the box will be activated in 2-4 business days. So the question is How do I know when Sky Angel is activated? Will the Sky Angel channels "show up" in my program guide and are there any other notifications?

Thanks,
Steve

yes the channels will show up when its activated.. If you have a non activated receiver you should get an international "barker" channel advertising E*'s international stuff I think on 61.5 but yes Skyangel will show up once activated.

You should be able to see 580 right now. Thats the int'l barker channel

Just look in the 9700 area....no channels...no sky angel

The receiver can tune in 580 and sees all the PPV and other pay channels. I just wasn't sure what to look for when Sky Angel did become activated. By the way, I'm temporarily "sharing" (putting the line into the box that I want) the line between the Voom receiver and the Dish receiver. Does the Dish receiver need to have an satellite feed the whole time until activation or does the activation signal go out to all activated receivers every so often?

Thanks again,
Steve

stevet96 said:
The receiver can tune in 580 and sees all the PPV and other pay channels. I just wasn't sure what to look for when Sky Angel did become activated. By the way, I'm temporarily "sharing" (putting the line into the box that I want) the line between the Voom receiver and the Dish receiver. Does the Dish receiver need to have an satellite feed the whole time until activation or does the activation signal go out to all activated receivers every so often?

Thanks again,
Steve

the signal is sent through the satellite, so it will have to be hooked to the receiver. The Voom LNB is a dual, so why don't you temporary run a 2nd line?

sa

Hope this doesn't happen to you but the onetime I authorized SA by net it didn't work. Had to call up eventually and now when I do one I only do it by phone. Hopefully that won't happen to you.

Well

rcwilcox said:
Hope this doesn't happen to you but the onetime I authorized SA by net it didn't work. Had to call up eventually and now when I do one I only do it by phone. Hopefully that won't happen to you.

If your receiver has any money on it at Dish or any issues with who owns the receiver, then you may run into problems. Dish is the one who holds up the activations sometimes, not Sky Angel.

You know you have programming when you have channels on your screen in between 9701 and 9732.

GodsWay112 said:
If your receiver has any money on it at Dish or any issues with who owns the receiver, then you may run into problems. Dish is the one who holds up the activations sometimes, not Sky Angel.

You know you have programming when you have channels on your screen in between 9701 and 9732.
Money owed is an issue sometimes but that was not the issue when I had a problem it just never got turned on until a call was made much later

oh well

rcwilcox said:
Money owed is an issue sometimes but that was not the issue when I had a problem it just never got turned on until a call was made much later

Hmmm, maybe it either slipped through or Dish didnt hit the button. You got it now though and that's what matters! :yes

Skyangel has got better about activations thru the web and email. They like to keep their call center costs down. When I had the issue of cancelling E* and E* turning off my SA* service too, I was able to clear it up in 24 hours via email after providing various info etc.

Great!

mattb said:
Skyangel has got better about activations thru the web and email. They like to keep their call center costs down. When I had the issue of cancelling E* and E* turning off my SA* service too, I was able to clear it up in 24 hours via email after providing various info etc.

That is great! I spoke to "someone" about this one time and basically was told that not many people worked on online activations, and when they became heavier and heavier, this is the reason for the occassional slip. Evidently they are better equipped to deal with this now.

Hey, they're growing to the customer's needs it seems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts